Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Service Pup just alerted me! YEAH!

Real Name
    Holly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda (Tilly)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My Service Pup just alerted me! YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    That's awesome, I've never heard of a bully being a service dog, our class trainer wanted us to get Bacon certified as a therapy dog.
    Bullies aren't typically used for service, because most "service" tasks are difficult for a bully to do... such as seeing eye work, support the weight of the person, picking things up and handing them to a disabled person, etc. But for medical alert tasks, any shape and size is acceptable as any dog can really do it.... as long as they respond to the condition! I know someone with a seizure alert dog, and the seizures come on so suddenly that one of the SD's tasks are to throw his body behind the man to help break his fall. He can support his weight completely. Clearly, a bully wouldn't be so useful... thankfully, I don't ever fall suddenly like that!

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by hnhammond View Post
    Bullies aren't typically used for service, because most "service" tasks are difficult for a bully to do... such as seeing eye work, support the weight of the person, picking things up and handing them to a disabled person, etc. But for medical alert tasks, any shape and size is acceptable as any dog can really do it.... as long as they respond to the condition! I know someone with a seizure alert dog, and the seizures come on so suddenly that one of the SD's tasks are to throw his body behind the man to help break his fall. He can support his weight completely. Clearly, a bully wouldn't be so useful... thankfully, I don't ever fall suddenly like that!

That's crazy, what kind of a dog is it a neopolitan mastiff?????

Bulldog(s) Names
    Monty
    Likes (Received)

Yay Matilda! Good puppy!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

This is a wonderful story ... I would be very interested in hearing how you do the training too!! I look forward to reading about it!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads