what do you use to wash your bullie bedding?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
i washed stig's sofa last nite for the first time since we bought it. used 'Gain' as the detergent. today he's been scratching more than usual. wondering if i should change soap or not.

what do you use to clean your bullie's bedding or how do you wash it?

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
The best thing is All free and clear , dreft or purex baby. Something with no dyes and no smelly stuff lol. I would def give him some dye free bandryl for the itching and rewash the bedding.

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I now- with advice from others- wash it first in regular Tide with bleach- or whatever I have, then I wash a second time with 2 cups of vinegar. Kills the odors, and it works really well at doing that too!

P.S. NEVER MIX VINEGAR with BLEACH!!!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Wow all I do is just use regular laundry soap, whatever I use for my clothes, towels, etc. He never has any reaction. And his "bedding" is my bedding, he sleeps with us :)

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I use Purex with a scoop of OxyClean - it really helps get the odors out!

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
We use the Kirkland Free and Clear from Costco (LOVE Costco, Kirkland has great quality stuff for so much cheaper than the big brand names, we love their diapers and wipes too!). We also use Oxyclean, a "scoop in every load", or leave stuff to soak in the washer overnight with hot water, detergent and the oxyclean. I do have a friend that is allergic to Oxyclean, just another allergen to watch out for, I'm sure some bullies must be allergic to it too!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I have only ever used tide just like I use for all our stuff. No reactions here but the baby soap is a good idea. Or even run it thru the rinse cycle a second time to make sure all the soap is rinsed out well. Have never tried the vinegar on laundry, very good! I surely use it for everything else why not, right? ;)

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I am not any different than [MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] or [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION], our dogs beds are our beds, no difference. We do have blankets down in their kennels and on the floor, however after sleeping on our bed all night, no need to use anything different on theirs!!!! Spoiled!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
We use the Kirkland Free and Clear from Costco (LOVE Costco, Kirkland has great quality stuff for so much cheaper than the big brand names, we love their diapers and wipes too!). We also use Oxyclean, a "scoop in every load", or leave stuff to soak in the washer overnight with hot water, detergent and the oxyclean. I do have a friend that is allergic to Oxyclean, just another allergen to watch out for, I'm sure some bullies must be allergic to it too!

Yay for Costco...! I love them too! Great employeer and a great business. I also use the Kirkland free and Clear. And the booty wipes.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I am not any different than [MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] or [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION], our dogs beds are our beds, no difference. We do have blankets down in their kennels and on the floor, however after sleeping on our bed all night, no need to use anything different on theirs!!!! Spoiled!

Yeah we have 2 dogs beds with a blanket on each in our living room and I always have a blanket on the coach that the dogs and I like to cuddle up on so exactly, if he sleeps on my bed at night I don't see any reason to use anything different on the beds! Geez my dogs have a rough life LOL

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online