Suckling in their sleep

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
As I'm on EBN surfing, Mac is sleeping with his face stuffed into my side and he's just started suckling in his sleep! He was beginning to startle in his sleep and then he just startle suckling my sweatshirt. I'm melting!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Otis suckles a stuffed ball every night and while he suckles he nods off - it's the cutest thing. I was told once that they suckle things because they (any puppy, not just EBD's) were taken from their mothers too early, not sure whether I believe that or not.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
My boy Tate does that often too. It is very sweet, isn't it? He suckles usually on his Mr.Bill stuffy as he's falling asleep. Puts Bill's head in his mouth and suckles noisily away.:luv:

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Otis suckles a stuffed ball every night and while he suckles he nods off - it's the cutest thing. I was told once that they suckle things because they (any puppy, not just EBD's) were taken from their mothers too early, not sure whether I believe that or not.

I's heard that as well but don't believe it since we got Mac when he was 5 months old. His breeder believed in keeping them a bit longer for vaccinations and whatnot and I completely agreed with her. I really feel for those who have spent all that time researching and then all that money only to have them contract parvo or something just as devastating. Believe it or not he wasn't the last one picked up either.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I's heard that as well but don't believe it since we got Mac when he was 5 months old. His breeder believed in keeping them a bit longer for vaccinations and whatnot and I completely agreed with her. I really feel for those who have spent all that time researching and then all that money only to have them contract parvo or something just as devastating. Believe it or not he wasn't the last one picked up either.

Well I'm glad to know that someone else heard that as well, but I can't say as I believe - I do think it's a breed thing more then anything.

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Wilbur does this anytime he can....the minute I sit on the couch, he is RIGHTTHERE at my side, wanting my shirt/ hoodie. He balls it up in his mouth and suckles and drools all over the place. Sometimes he gets some of me ( lol)!
i have never had the heart to " break" him of this.....:whistle:

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Lulu has a stuffed bear that she suckles the nose. Its funny because I tease her with it. Place it right in front of her then when she gos to suckle I will pull it away! she has now even started to suckle on the corner of my pillow!

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Matilda does this while she's sleeping! I was a little offended because I thought it meant she missed her birth mother... :cry:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas will be 4 the end of March and he has always and still does every night suckles the nose of his stuffed gorilla, it is so sweet to watch his head bobbing up and down as he suckles himself to sleep.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Vegas will be 4 the end of March and he has always and still does every night suckles the nose of his stuffed gorilla, it is so sweet to watch his head bobbing up and down as he suckles himself to sleep.

He sure does, and it's definitely the sweetest thing ever, that makes me melt too,

matzwd

Nov 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Aunt Clara
Clara does not suckle regularly, but it does happen occasionally. Here it happened with my little piggy that cried wee wee wee all the way home. uploadfromtaptalk1353114590803.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk on my S3

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.