I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Scared of his own shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Corlando465 View Post
    It's so funny that you asked this question! Earlier today I was thinking of posting the same question. My guy goes through phases, but yes, he is very much a chicken. He looks big and tough which makes it even funnier. Its the season for birds to flock and he is terrified of them. I could even get him to go out this morning. I had to put him on the leash and make him go! He just kept looking up in the sky and trying to go back to the door. LOL. Ever since we winterized the patio, he continues to keep one eye on the table cover and grill covers, like they are just going to get him! I just dont know how to improve the issue. I've never babied him or comforted him when he's scared, as I've read that can encourage the situation, but when possible I will try to show him that ________ won't hurt him, which does seem to help. I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I've had many dogs in my lifetime, but never a Bulldog until now. Unlike any of the other dogs, I swear he tries to understand and reason about things. I wonder if things that scare him are things that he just doesn't understand and can't comprehend. Does your dog act like he tries to understand things, too? How old is your dog? Tank is almost a year old, so I'm hoping that he will do better as he ages, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    That is so funny. Otis is 10 months old. Yes, he does act like he understands things - he cocks his head when I try to tell him "that leaf wont get you...lol" I have no idea how to help with his fears - I've never experienced it in a dog before.

We laugh, he wont bark when he's scared he does like a closed mouth bark that doesnt let out much sound, it's like if whatever is scaring me doesn't hear me it wont get me.....
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Lol, what's with the boys? My Bulldozer is a big chicken little as well, he gets spooked all the time. Any sudden or loud noise, and he jumps. The funniest was one day when my son tooted, and Dozer jumped , he got scared, we were laughing so much. Both my two get wet chins and food all over their chins, so we always wipe them after they eat.
    lol Tooting scares Otis too, he looks at you starteled like, what was that sound Momma, did you hear it too!
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Real Name
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AubreysMom View Post
    One funny thing about Aubie...

She gets scared of strange things, but when she does, she waits for YOU to protect her. In other words, you say, "what is it Aubie?" and she will show you. She will walk right up to whatever it is as long as you are with her. She won't touch it though, oh no no no! YOU have to pop it and tell it that it is bad and then she gets all big bad bully and will "attack" it (bark and paw at it, sometimes even gum it)... It is the cutest, most hilarious thing. She does this a lot with the standing fan in our bedroom and silly things she thinks "move". She will stare things down for 30 minutes after to make sure they don't move again so she can warn us.
    How cute! Shes's the protector of you all from the fan....lol

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

My Yuna is probably my only chicken. She is also very timid. I do like it because she never jumps on strangers!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Well apparently their own reflections in the windows at nighttime are the scariest thing ever!!! Once one barks they ALL join in ........ and it goes on and on and on and on and on ..............

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aunt Clara
    Likes (Received)

OMG! Clara's afraid of inanimate objects. If something's a little bit different than she remembers it to be, she jumps back like a scaredy cast and then very, very slowly reapproaches it and barks. She freaks out about trash bags every single time she sees one too, lol.

About the dropping chin, yeah, we have that too. We call it chinny drippin', lol. I was working on a project outside on Monday and had left my purse in the driveway while I went inside to put some tools away. When I went back outside, Aunt Clara was already up the walkway and almost to the stairs with my cell phone in her mouth, dropping wet. She heard me open the door, freaked out at the noise as usual, and dropped it on the concrete. Lucky me, no damage from the water or the concrete. Apparently she had gotten a drink and then gotten into my purse because the inside of my purse was soaked too. Gotta love em!! :p

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Real Name
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

So funny reading all of these post's.

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Philippe
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lulu
    Likes (Received)

Lulu lately has also become a big chicken. We have started to call her Chicken nator. Hopefully its just something she is growing through.

Bulldog Walker Become a 4 Paw Member Bruno and Gidget's Avatar
    Real Name
    Gloria
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruno & Gidget
    Likes (Received)

Hahahahah! This thread comforts me somewhat. I thought Bruno was weird by being scared of an empty plastic bag! Now I know they're almost all scardey cats

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Y'all's chicken little bullies are killing me

Texas has been hot (NO?!!) so brought the fan from the Lv'rm one night
    into the Bd'rm but had to lug it back because big, bad Mr Brutie couldn't
    sleep!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Mr. Wilson is afraid of the baby gate, the ceiling fan (Keeps looking up to see if it's going to move and attack him), trash bags when being pulled out of the trash can and ALL sudden movements.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Lol, what's with the boys? My Bulldozer is a big chicken little as well, he gets spooked all the time. Any sudden or loud noise, and he jumps. The funniest was one day when my son tooted, and Dozer jumped , he got scared, we were laughing so much. Both my two get wet chins and food all over their chins, so we always wipe them after they eat.
    Rofl!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads