Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I have some friends who are very very dear to me, they are actually the breeder I got Diesel & Molly from, but they are going to Nationals ... so happy and proud for them! and I get to watch their litter of puppies while they are gone ... I'm super excited and must admit a little nervous too! It has been forever since I've been around puppies and have only been around bulldog puppies when I've stopped by to visit with my friends, so [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] and anyone else who has good bulldog puppy knowledge, what should I expect and any advice as to preparing my home for these babies. I will have momma and the 3 puppies plus they will pack all the other foods etc I will need while they are here but it never hurts to be well prepared. so any advice you can give will be very much appreciated!!! I want them to be able to go to Nationals and just focus on the show and not have to worry at all about the babies.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW... VIDEO is required!! I have nothing to offer in advice, but I want PICTURES!!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Nationals in Philadelphia is from Thursday through Sunday, actually this weekend and televised on Thanksgiving, Bulldog Nationals is I believe the following week and that run's all week. Which one are they going too?
how many pups are there?

don't overfeed, fresh water often, watch them eat so they don't choke. If your breeder is weening, she'll want them to stay off mom's teats. don't over play, they need much rest and sleep. Keep them clean, front and back. it's time for the first worming.
keep them warm
always , always keep an eye on them. puppy proof your house where ever you keep them.

I think that's it

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] - she said they are leaving Friday and would return on the 25th, I was so excited about the puppies I forgot to ask what Nationals LOL dang I'm not a very good friend :blush2:

So I'm guessing since they need lots of rest I'm not gonna get to snuggle with them? I've helped do the cleaning when I've been there visiting and they had pups if I saw one go I would grab the tissue and wipe the pup so they didn't get it all over so that part I'm good with, I can keep the house warm for them and mom is still feeding but they are starting on solid foods as well and I'm sure I will not be able to keep my eyes off of them so will be completely focused on them the whole time.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
sounds like the BCA Nationals. Can't wait to see those beautiful puppy pictures OF YOU SNUGGLING with them. of course you can snuggle with them. silly [MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION]

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
yippieeeeeeeee I get to snuggle with them ... does the happy dance :jumpdance::happydance::dance3: whewww that's a lot of dancing, better conserve some of my energy gonna have puppies to care for which means wake ups for feedings etc ... gonna slow down on the dancing LOL

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] there is 3 puppies and they are 4 weeks old oh wait I said 4 weeks old already LOL sorry

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] pretty much hit it, so enjoy the pups and get plenty of paper towels and puppy pads. hehehe I don't call them poopers for nothing. :rolleyes:

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
ok so lets see if I have this ... many snuggles - many cuddles -but don't over play, let them rest & sleep - lots of fresh water - not too much food - watch them when eating so they don't choke - lots of paper towels - lots of puppy pads - they are bringing all the blankets and things they use daily ... should I use unscented wipes to clean their booties? thank you [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] for, giving me advice I really appreciate it! The puppies will be here on Friday about noon. Oh Sherry they are going to the Bulldog Nationals can't wait to hear how they do. Davidh it's funny that you call them poopers because I've always called my dogs poopies instead of puppies LOL

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: good luck I'm sure you will have tons of fun get your rest now your gonna need :) :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.