how much does your bullie sleep?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
stig seems to sleep for most of the day.

i'd feed him at 5am, then he'll be half awake after. my bf takes him out at 6:30 am to do his business, come back, then he goes to back to sleep.

On the weekends when we're home all day, we notice that he'd probably get up for 10-20 mins max to play around, go to the washroom, then back to sleep for the next couple of hours and then cycle begins again! lol.

He has more energy in the evenings when we pay alot of attention to him - playing chase, giving hugs, etc.

Is this a normal for a 6 month old? mind you, we give him 1 benadryl in the morning and evening. <o

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I would think especially being so young still that is normal but no expert by any means. My boy is going on 5 and sleeps most the day and when he isnt he is playing like crazy. We get up early also and he goes back to sleep fro hours. In fact he was up playing a bit today but is now under the desk snoozing away as I type. With him id depends on what I am doing I guess as to whether he is up or sleeping since he follows me everywhere. If I am cleaning he is all over the house. lol

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I would think especially being so young still that is normal but no expert by any means. My boy is going on 5 and sleeps most the day and when he isnt he is playing like crazy. We get up early also and he goes back to sleep fro hours. In fact he was up playing a bit today but is now under the desk snoozing away as I type. With him id depends on what I am doing I guess as to whether he is up or sleeping since he follows me everywhere. If I am cleaning he is all over the house. lol

lol. i was cleaning the whole house yesterday due to company coming and stig followed me everwhere too. even if it's just going to the kitchen then to the living room, then back. gotta love them for their curiousity. he even decided to lie down between me and the kitchen sink when i was in the middle of washing the dishes, so i had to hover!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
And of course you actually suffered so he could stay there at the sink. haha. Isnt that the funniest part? Same with cooking, I will stand off tot he side or over Cutty and not even realize i am doing it until half way thru, then its like what the heck? haha. Dang nosy bullies!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
My two girls are 4 months old and they sleep a LOT!! They get up and go potty and might get a drink of water, play a few minutes and they're back napping again. They play the longest first thing in the morning when they first get up. They're really full of energy then. But they play hard for an hour or so and then they collapse!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
And of course you actually suffered so he could stay there at the sink. haha. Isnt that the funniest part? Same with cooking, I will stand off tot he side or over Cutty and not even realize i am doing it until half way thru, then its like what the heck? haha. Dang nosy bullies!

I had to get a baby-gate when Vegas was younger for my kitchen, I too was leaning over to cook/dishes while he laid on the floor in front of me hoping that I would drop a morsal. At this age (15 months) he STILL does this, but I am more aware due to tripping over him one day and landing on my tail-bone on my tile floor, bruising it bad, took weeks to heal!! Now I simply say get and he will go lay at the kitchen door instead of the kitchen.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
In the week we wake up at like 5:30am, I feed the dogs right away, after Samson eats and pottys he goes right back to sleep. He takes naps on and off during the day. Hour or 2 nap here, hour or 2 of bone chewing and begging for love, then repeat of the cycle all day LOL

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Is two Benedryl a day prescribed by your vet? I know it makes some people drousy.

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Is two Benedryl a day prescribed by your vet? I know it makes some people drousy.

yup. the 25 mg ones. i think you can take one for every certian number of pounds. benadryl does make you drowsy, that's why i think stig sleeps 20 mins after taking one. :p i was wondering only the time after how often the usual bullie sleeps.

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Chester LOVES to sleep.. morning nap..afternoon and by 9pm he's ready to go down for the night. Why do you give him benadryl? That's what we use for a sleep aid in the hospital!

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester LOVES to sleep.. morning nap..afternoon and by 9pm he's ready to go down for the night. Why do you give him benadryl? That's what we use for a sleep aid in the hospital!

oh he has allergies. when we brought him to the vet for the mandatory check-up after we picked him up from the breeder last month, the vet said that he had hives all over his back. me and my bf are new petowners so we didn't notice until he told us. long story short, we're trying to find out what he's allergic to. taking benadryl helps a great deal with the hives and, most likely, the itchies too.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Linus is drowsy or sleeping most of the day...unless Truman is harassing him, which is a lot lately. Truman, on the other hand, is 5 month and 1 week old and is a LIVE wire. He's a very active and spunky bulldog and really won't sleep unless I put him in his crate with a towel over it so he can settle down.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
He's a very active and spunky bulldog and really won't sleep unless I put him in his crate with a towel over it so he can settle down.

No way!!! When it's O's time to sleep..she gets a blanket over her kennel also. She really likes to be snug and secure...and it to be very dark. She sleeps so well, but only when she's in her kennel.

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
oh he has allergies. when we brought him to the vet for the mandatory check-up after we picked him up from the breeder last month, the vet said that he had hives all over his back. me and my bf are new petowners so we didn't notice until he told us. long story short, we're trying to find out what he's allergic to. taking benadryl helps a great deal with the hives and, most likely, the itchies too.
Alavert works GREAT for hives. I was feeding my girls Science Diet since it was suppose to be the WONDERFUL food and she had hives soooo bad I alternated between the alavert and the benadryl with selsun blue cold baths.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.