It's too cold, are you crazy!

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Denton, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
We live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, and it is finally starting to get cool, 36 degrees this morning when Brutus needed to be going outside to potty. The problem..... he wasn't having anything to do with stepping out that door! We have a routine every morning, he gets let out of his play pen and crate to go outside to potty, then breakfast, play time, and back outside before we have to leave for work.

This morning, I opened the door and walked out but he wouldn't move one inch closer to the door to go outside. I picked him up, and put him where he always pottys, he peed and snuck right back in the doggy door. I went ahead and gave him his breakfast and started getting ready. My boyfriend took him out again, this time taking him to the other end of the yard (his #2 spot) and again, ran right inside.

Needless to say, eventually we got him to go, but he was not a happy camper! Does anyone else have these problems with their bully and the cold? All of his sweaters cover up the parts of his body that needs to be shown for potty. What to do..... it's just the beginning of our winter

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Yes,,, Princess Gracie hates going outside, the worse the weather the worse she hates it. We are hoping she will outgrow it... she is only 6. ROFL :loco:

OP
Dee J

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus is 4.5 months.... at this point I think it's going to be a long winter! When it is warm outside, we can't keep him from going outside. He loves to be out in his yard, and take every single toy he has out there with him one by one.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus is 4.5 months.... at this point I think it's going to be a long winter! When it is warm outside, we can't keep him from going outside. He loves to be out in his yard, and take every single toy he has out there with him one by one.

Brutus will probably get used to it pretty fast.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
I sure hope so! I'm trying to find a sweater that will work for him for the cold mornings, but bully clothes are few and far between.

They are so darn wide across the chest and their necks are so large,,,, that is the problem. LariP, SWMBO, makes most of Gracie's fleeces.

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
I still remember last winter in WA- it got really cold overnight and she wouldn't even go near the door. I peeked outside and saw that we got a surprise snow. Well, she LOVES the snow so I opened the door and put a little of the 'best stuff in the world!' and showed her it. She bolted outside!! Instead of having to pick her up and put her outside, I had to chase her INSIDE. She's gonna love this winter here in North Chicago I think.

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
My Sarge likes the cold weather but LuLu hates it and its just a struggle to get her to go outside, she runs right back inside it takes a few times putting her out before she does her business. She loves the couch and is happy snuggled in a nice warm house.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Give him time he is still young, when we first got Bacon we would take him out to do his business(March of last year) and he would come over and sit on your feet because they were warm. He was so little he actually fit on the tops of our feet too

IMG_2992.jpg

OP
Dee J

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Give him time he is still young, when we first got Bacon we would take him out to do his business(March of last year) and he would come over and sit on your feet because they were warm. He was so little he actually fit on the tops of our feet too

View attachment 30571

OMG how cute! Once Brutus got inside the last time, he went straight to his playpen for me to let him in, so he could get in his crate so he could be warm and hide from mean Mommy making him go outside. We are working on the transition from the playpin back to the crate right now.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep... our Frenchis hates wet grass.. we have to force him out the door. He runs pee's and flys back to get in the house

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
It was frosty out the other morning and Gunny was a bit shocked and tip toeing around. I guess he feet were cold cause he lifted in and tucked it under him when he peed. Needless to say the stream of urine warmed his foot up. *sigh*

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Diesel is my saving grace when its cold or raining, he has his potty routine and it doesn't matter to him, he doesn't let anything get in the way of going out, but when the other 2 hear me tell him he is a "good boy" for going out to potty they run out and do their business too so they can hear "good girl" LOL

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.