Who is going to give their bully turkey on Thanksgiving?

wouldtick

Jul 22, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Barley's Rainbow Cupcake
I was wondering if a little turkey was ok to mix into Barley's diet on thanksgiving? Anyone else going to give them a turkey treat this upcoming holiday? Yes that is 3/4 turkey 1/4 Barley the english bulldog :D

turkey.JPG

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
just be careful of what was cooked with turkey..Lola broke out in hives after i gave her roasted chicken that had wheat bread stuffing and onions inside

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
wouldtick

wouldtick

Jul 22, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Barley's Rainbow Cupcake
bummer, we haven't given him any "people" food. Maybe I shouldn't. We have been blessed with healthy skin / hair so far. The vet even commented on how shiny and soft his coat is.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh dear, I don't think I have the heart to eat that turkey. More so take him home and spoil him to bits. :D

Yup, just be careful on the type of turkey. For example doesn't the butterball brand soak theirs in butter? But if you know they'll be ok, then go for it! nom nom nom!

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Yes I will most likely be giving them a little turkey with their kibble, I will also give them some veggies as well. Once in a while we give them table scraps if we have steak, fish, or pasta and they have never had a problem. :thanks3:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Both Bea and Bo will be enjoying a bit of holiday turkey --- of course! And the next couple hours of gastrointestinal methane release are expected. Oddly, turkey does not produce the same vile gas as chicken does and duck does NOT at all. Weird isn't it? All fowl. Not all FOUL.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:lmao::ROFL: love the picture!! No turkey here... Banks is highly allergic to chicken so I avoid turkey with her too

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
I'm already feeding Remi turkey kibble, so I might slip some turkey into his dinner. :) We shall see!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I was wondering if a little turkey was ok to mix into Barley's diet on thanksgiving? Anyone else going to give them a turkey treat this upcoming holiday? Yes that is 3/4 turkey 1/4 Barley the english bulldog :D

View attachment 30537

I laughed when I saw that picture! :up: My guys will get a little bit of the white meat.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Otis will get some, the I'm never going to feed him "people" food went out the window with me. He melts me every time.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Oh I hadnt thought about it (as I was just informed yesterday that Thanksgiving is next week - sigh).... But yes, I will give Herman some turkey on Turkey day :)

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
haha that picture is great, not sure about Bacon we are getting a pre-brined turkey and it may have garlic in the brine so I'm kind of scared to give him any.

cathiebeene

Nov 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank doesnt get people food. His Nana gave him turkey last year for him to try. It gave him diarrhea bad! Be careful!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online