What's your morning routine?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Seeing there's so many newbies here, I wanted to bring up an old thread question. :)

Share your morning routines with your bully or bullies!

For us, it's get up at around 6:30 or earlier, when I say ok let's go outside and pee pee! Stig would follow me in a jiffy. Punkin, on the other hand, takes a little longer. Sometimes he'd need a nudge to get the momentum going. Let's just say, he's the main reason why I'm always late for work. lol. So they go outside and do their business. Come in, eat breakfast, then Stig would need to go outside again to do the number two.

They'd follow me upstairs to get ready for work. Then right before I leave, Stig would need to go outside again for one last tinkle.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
i'll tell you about our morning routine but i'm not a morning person AT ALL so hubby does it all. he wakes up at 6, 6:30, opens the crate in the adjoining bedroom and heads to the kitchen to make coffee/feed cat.

Lola then slowly crawls out of the crate and jumps onto the bed and snuggles with me for about 30 minutes, we're both sawin logs. Until Ben comes in for the big scoop..he has to pick her dead weight body off the bed and carry her out of the bedroom, closing the door behind him (key step here).

They go out for morning business in the backyard, and then he attempts to feed her breakfast. She's not food motivated. NOW if Ben hadn't closed the bedroom door on the way out, Lola would be back up on 'big bed' before he could come back out of the kitchen with breakfast (grub). They might play fetch for 10 minutes.

I begrudgingly wake up and come out, possibly feed Lola breakfast. Maybe some 10-minute fetch? And we take turns showering for work. Lola likes to get hand fed some water out of the tub while it heats up for each shower. While i'm in the shower, Lola hops back up on big bed and waits for me to get out. Eventually, while I pull my hair up or put make up on, she ends up back sitting in the crate waiting for peanut butter in kong and some water in her hamster bottle. We say goodbyes, and head to work.

Lola has earned the right to roam the house, although as soon as PB is gone, she is back asleep on big bed until lunchtime when hubby bikes home for a (lola's) bathroom break and a bite.

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Since my hubby is working horrendous hours (he has to be up at 2:30 tomorrow) the morning routine falls on the kids and I. We have a rule in this house that whoever is up first has to let them out to go potty. On the weekends that usually means that it's my 10 yo son since he very rarely sleeps in. I'll feed them their kibble or sometimes my daughter will if she's feeling like playing little mommy (she's 8 1/2). If one of them lets them out to do #2 they will tell me so I can wipe their bottoms.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
My day starts at 6 am, I used to get up at 6:30 to go in the shower, but now with the two puppies, I get up half an hour earlier. I go to the washroom first, then take Bulldozer out of his crate to go outside for double duties. He will go pee and pooh immediately within 5 minutes of being outside. Then back in to get Blossom, she will pee right away, but has to sniff around and walk around to find her sweet spot before she goes, like you she sometimes makes me late to go in the shower. I bring her back inside and feed the cat ( Meeko, ) , refresh all the water bowls, change the parrots ( Kiwi ) ,water, and give him fresh seed. Then it's off to the shower, get ready for work, I only have to do this Tues, Wed, and Thurs, as I work in a Dental Office only 3 days a week. The other 4 days I'm off, and these are my blissful bully days. My husband works midnights, and he comes home at 7:30 am, I'm ready at the door, and he drives me to work for start time of 7:45 am. He comes back home at 8:00 am and feeds the puppies, and takes them out again for duties number 2. He then goes to bed about 8:30 am, and my son gets up and does the day time shift with the dogs. My husband gets up at 3:30 pm and picks up our 5 year old grandson from Kindergarten at 3:35. We look after him 45 hours a week. They come to pick me up from work at 5:00 pm , and I come home , we take the dogs out for 20 minute walk, then I make supper for all of us. The dogs eat around 7:00 pm and they go back out around an hour after they eat. Their last walk is at 11:00 just before I go to bed. My grandson has a bath around 8:00 and he goes to bed around 8:30 or 9:00 pm , then he falls asleep, my husband lies down with him and sleeps until 10:00, when he gets up to get ready for his 11:00 start at work, my daughter and her husband come and pick up Kaden at 10:30 and carry him home , he wakes up in his own bed, and he doesn't even wake up, he's been doing this since he was 10 months old, so he's used to it. On the other 4 days that I'm home, my husband and I will take the dogs to the park for a 20 min run at the park, and then feed them, then I'll go back to bed for an hour or two, and hubby will go to sleep for the day. When we first brought the pups home, I would set my cell phone for 2 am to go out for pees, I'm glad that's done with. It seems like a hectic schedule, but it works because there are 3 of us home at different time schedules.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.