Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone ever heard this about bulldogs? ( too big. too fast)

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rudy and Mila
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Has anyone ever heard this about bulldogs? ( too big. too fast)

Mimi (RIP) grew too fast because we were over feeding her at about 6 months. She started squealing because her shoulder hurt. We brought her to a vet close to our house. He said she needed an operation. We took her to another vet. (30 miles away we had been to previously). He took X-rays and was thinking about surgery. He finally looked at her and said cut her food in half, she would be fine in a couple of days. He was correct, we kept her lean for the next 10 highly active years. Ok she did get 2-3lbs overweight in her last year or two. I believe the answer is, yes they can grow too fast if fed too much.

btw we still drive the 30 miles. Find a good vet stick with them
    Last edited by gobronco; 11-20-2012 at 11:37 PM.

Wrinkle Wiper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

Jakeisgreat. I understand.. I feed Fromm's Surf and turf. I have read too many good things and too many experienced ebd owners feed grain free so with that- I do that same. regardless of my vets input.

mabel lou

That is very true about the vets knowledge of the food. Because yesterday the vet called me and ask me how Thelma was doing on the digestive food they had me put her on when I rescued her. I ask why because I have her on something completely different since all her medical issues have pretty much cleared up. So I told her it was good and it worked well along with all the medicines to so I am not really sure why your asking because that was awhile ago and she said well the sales rep stopped in and wanted to know how the food was working and she didn't have any feedback for him so they called me to ask. That is so weird that they would base this on the what the clients say, hmmmm made me think for sure

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads