Is it possible

M

mabel lou

My son tells me all the time that I spoil my girls so much and he says everyone else says the same thing. Now to all you bully families who own one, is this possible to spoil them so much that others see it and you don't?
Seriously I think they are all coo coo coco puffs lol for saying this but my girls are such good girls and they are smart girls and they are well behaved girls and I have someone in my family calling me at least once a week for advice on their dog or a friends dog as well. They jokingly say I am the dog whisperer of our family hahaha.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
My two boys 18, and 20 think just like your son. The beauty of being older is that I don't care what anyone else thinks about how much I love and "spoil" Dublin. All I can say is that when we are invited anywhere, Dublin is also. Just goes to show that "spoiling" does't mean "ruining" a great dog..... She gives me so much unconditional love and has brought buckets of happiness to my life. Only fair I give back...:D. She spent the whole day out on the boat with us yesterday and then to dinner and not once did she complain. Now I challenge my two sons to do the same......:rofl:. P.S. She had a blast and loves nothing better to go 'beachcombing" to see what she can find dead or alive...............

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
What is with our sons? Lol I also have an adult son , and he says the same thing all the time. He says I spoil them, and that I made them too sucky. Is there such a thing as too sucky? I don't think so, my two are the best cuddlers, and like nothing better to sit beside you and nuzzle, and give lots of kisses. My 5 year old Grandson, uses Dozer as a pillow, they are so gentle with kids and all other dogs, the first thing they want to do when they see people is greet them , roll on their back and beg for a belly rub. I have a neighbour who regularly rings my doorbell to visit my pups, he will bring his guests by to show tem off, you would think they were his, he rolls around on the front lawn with them ,and lets them jump and lick all over him. This man is an older man, probably in his early 60's. when our dogs give us this much pleasure, why wouldn't we spoil them? They give us and everyone else so much in return. They get special treats, apples, carrots, yogurt, strawberries, they get new toys , and they have their own wardrobe. When we go out, I like to dress them up, they look so cute, I usually coordinate them , Dozer in Black or red, and Blossom in Pink or Red, their collars also coordinate with their outfits. I plan to dress them up for Christmas as well, and once a year at our Mall, they have a picture day with Santa for pets. My son thinks I'm cuckoo, he says I've become the crazy dog lady. Lol, but I don't care, both my kids are adults, I am a Grandmother now , so I figure I've raised mine, and now I have my fur babies to spoil. I look after my grandson 45 hours a week, and I am thoroughly enjoying that, we take the dogs to the park, he loves to help take them for walks, he says its his job to measure out their food when we feed them, he's so cute, he scoops out the food and puts it in their bowls and then feeds them, he is so proud of this job, when he talks about the dogs , he says my dogs, and he talks to them like their people , they are so cute together.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I yelled at my husband this weekend because he used all Herman's frozen blueberries in his smoothies - which I didnt appreciate.

His response was "Well you should buy some more"

GASP!!!!!! The audacity!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I am mad about Otis, my poor husband. Every morning I get up before "them" while they lay in bed snoozing an extra 1/2 hour and when I come up to get dressed I go directly to Otis and love and kiss him awake while my husband watches on without even a kiss himself. I swear I could eat Otis right up....lol I am crazed and love every minute of it.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
My son tells me all the time that I spoil my girls so much and he says everyone else says the same thing. Now to all you bully families who own one, is this possible to spoil them so much that others see it and you don't?
Seriously I think they are all coo coo coco puffs lol for saying this but my girls are such good girls and they are smart girls and they are well behaved girls and I have someone in my family calling me at least once a week for advice on their dog or a friends dog as well. They jokingly say I am the dog whisperer of our family hahaha.

Looks like a classic case of sibling rivalry to me! :rolleyes:

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Luckily, my kids are 8 and 10 and they spoil them just as much as I do. So does hubby BTW. I've had lots of people tell me they think they are too spoiled and for this I have a very good answer: When you spend that much effort and $$ in keeping these dogs healthy and just forget about what most of us have paid to even get them in the first place!! They are our dog of choice even though they are much more expensive than your average dog so when you put that much time and resources into them you're damn right they are spoiled!!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
my son is 23 and he laughs at me all the time for how crazy about my babies I am ... for all the teasing he does with me and the dogs I know he is glad that they are here and will need me to take care of them when he leaves for the Military in January because he worries about me getting depressed when he is gone but knows with the dogs here I will have to hold it together so think he is relieved the dogs mean so much to me ... as for anyone else that thinks I go over board well pffftttt to them I love my babies and I don't care if it bothers them!!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
oh yeah and if you look at it from the dogs perspective ... they give us 24/7 unconditional love, their little lives revolve around us so isn't it fair that we give back to them as much as we can??? I think if you have a well behaved dog, that knows it rules boundaries and limitations and respects you as the pack leader there is NO reason we can't show them love and affection and "spoil" them as some say ... I say I don't spoil my babies I give them the LOVE they deserve

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I yelled at my husband this weekend because he used all Herman's frozen blueberries in his smoothies - which I didnt appreciate.

His response was "Well you should buy some more"

GASP!!!!!! The audacity!

Still haven't gotten over the water incident at the food store during the storm have you?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I love spoiling my boys, and so does my bf too! Yesterday we drove 1.5 hours each way just to stock up on some green tripe and ground beef muscle for their meals. We bought enough to fit 2 freezers full! All the while, Punks and Stigs were at daycare getting some much appreciated social time with their buddies. I think spoiling is a requirement for ebs. :yes:

OP
M

mabel lou

I think they are better behaved dogs myself when they have the proper attention and it helps with medical issues. I am a firm believer that love can heal many many things, maybe not make all go away but it sure does help the healing process and with these dogs and all the many medical issues that can arise it sure is a start.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.