Bulldog repellent!!

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
As some of you may know, Mac has some issues with always being on top of me when I'm sitting down on the couch. So much so that it really isn't all that enjoyable to sit down because I know he's going to be fighting me just to lay on me. Well, I have found a repellent that makes him get away from me super quick- Desitin!! He absolutely hates it and I found out tonight that an open tube of the stuff will keep him away if need be. I had cleaned Cleo's face and put some in her rolls and left it on the couch and when he saw it it was like waving garlic at a vampire!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
:( poor Mac he just wants a snuggle with ya :mansfriend:

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
That is hilarious.... Remi loves the stuff lol..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Maybe he's trying to "own" you --- which isn't cool and can lead to other issues. A lap dog is great --- even if they are 75 lbs (like my Bo is) but Bo has to wait to be invited to sit on or near me when I am on the couch. Many times, his needy efforts are little more than his way of trying to keep me from paying any attention at all to Bea. And that's B.S. I'm the pack leader. I do what I want and he does what I want. :couchpeek:

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Maybe he's trying to "own" you --- which isn't cool and can lead to other issues. A lap dog is great --- even if they are 75 lbs (like my Bo is) but Bo has to wait to be invited to sit on or near me when I am on the couch. Many times, his needy efforts are little more than his way of trying to keep me from paying any attention at all to Bea. And that's B.S. I'm the pack leader. I do what I want and he does what I want. :couchpeek:

He is very, very needy. I haven't been too concerned with the "owning" part mostly because I guess I haven't really looked at it that way. He's not a marker, he shares absolutely everything, he's super submissive but he just is very needy. Even when he's laying next to Cleo he has to be touching a part of her and when I try to make him stop he just slinks down and waits until we let him near us or her again. Even his breeder said that he was very attached to his mother and would rather be with her or his litter mates than separated with a good chewy or something. As long as he was in their vicinity he was content. I honestly think both my bulldogs could use a little therapy. Do you think Dr. Phil does that??

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG... I want Mac!! He sounds so much like my boy .... very needy, but submissive. He was my shadow and had to be touching the person he was sitting with

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I agree with these guys. If he's sharing toys, sweet and submissive to the rest of his pack; he's not owning you -- he's just needy little boy. Awwww. He should be super easy to teach a few tricks since he craves interaction so. Maybe it might give him some confidence too?

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
I agree with these guys. If he's sharing toys, sweet and submissive to the rest of his pack; he's not owning you -- he's just needy little boy. Awwww. He should be super easy to teach a few tricks since he craves interaction so. Maybe it might give him some confidence too?
I never thought of him as not being confident but I guess that makes sense. He always gets that look that I'm leaving him forever when I go somewhere.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Now I have this pic of you in my head... sitting on the couch with a tube of Desitin hanging around your neck like a necklace. :loco:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.