Cleo's nighttime routine

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Cleo has this routine that she does every night: she sits up all of a sudden and then starts acting as if there's flies to catch or something! She doesn't go running around the house or anything, just sits up, snaps at the air for a few min and then lays back down as if she's done her duty to protect the house from the invisible flies. Every night.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bo has done that a few times too. Its kooky alright. He's had head tremors too a couple of times -- maybe four? -- and like the tremors, I just take his mind off it with a cookie or scratch or something and he stops.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We had a lot of flies in our house this summer and Bacon would try to eat them, now they are gone and he will occasionally go after invisible ones

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Bo has done that a few times too. Its kooky alright. He's had head tremors too a couple of times -- maybe four? -- and like the tremors, I just take his mind off it with a cookie or scratch or something and he stops.

Oh no! Cleo has had a few head tremors too! It really scares me when that happens but thankfully it has only happened 3 times that I know of.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Oliver does that too but no head tremors here. He will ocassionally sit and spin in circles too to itch his bully bootie in the midst of the fly snapping.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I don't know ... sounds like you have ghosts in your house ... you know how they can sense these things. :scared:

haha!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

yes, it is a type of head tremor.... call her name, make sure she is responsive and give her a treat. the distraction will stop it

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Isn't that a neuro disorder called fly biting? @ libra926

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
My nephew's Boston Terrier had an eye issue. This condition would caused him to see floaters that were in his eyes, making him think something was flying around and would try to bite it. The vet did surgery and he is all good now. So it could be something other than seizures or tremors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.