JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I find it quite funny at times as it reminds me of little kids. Emma just did this to me as I wanted her to kennel so I can go and get my hair done. She ran to the other room. :laugh:

When I want to do Emma's face or put her harness on her, etc., she will look at me with a bit of stink eye and put her head down and scamper off with those little legs of hers. Wilson will do this too. They both remind me of pigs running away.

I always win though, you'd think they'd learn by now. :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh yeah , mine both do it all the time, but if I want them to come, or back into their crate, I take a wellness soft chew treat, I tear it in half and place each piece into their crate, and they run back in , or they come back right away. Works every time.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
As you know, HRH hates to go outside.... whenever I tell her it is time to go outside and go poo she runs and lays on the loveseat where the back and seat meet...like she is hiding and thinks I cant see her there. Makes it easier for me to pick her up and carry her outside... Course, she also goes limp and seems to weigh twice as much!! LOL :love:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH will try to hide in her bed under the desk. But she always loses the battle of the wills. The battle usually has to do with us wanting her to go out and her never wanting that. Luckily since she's only 40 pounds she sometimes looses simply because we pick her up and carry her out.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Dublin heads right under any of the end tables when she sees me coming with wipes or anything to do with "clean up" Sometimes she skulks and other times she runs..Depends on how quickly she sees me :ROFL2:. As you say, we always "win" but I think she just likes to see me huff and puff trying to retrieve her :D. Her new thing now is that she quietly hides so that she can lick her paws cause she knows as soon as I see her on go the dreaded socks....:eek:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
We just did bath time. That's always a hoot :eek:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Mine will go right into their crate with just a point in that direction (most of the time, after all, they are bulldogs LOL) but I always give them a treat for going into their crate when I need them to and yesterday I was giving a treat "just because" and Molly ran past me straight into her crate, took me forever to get her to come out of the crate to get a treat!

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Mac will go in no questions asked but Cleo sometimes needs me to count and then she goes in. She knows if I get to three there will be a problem in the house! Now with wipes, Mac runs but she loves to be cleaned up and absolutely insists on having her bottom wiped after every bathroom break and her face cleaned if it gets even a speck of dirt on it. She's such a prissy girl.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Usko will always run and hide user the table when I he see's me approaching with the Desitin tube...

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
LOL. Pan doesn't run and hide very often - but when he does it normally involves bath time. He runs up stairs and gives me the stink eye. He also loses, but he makes his feelings known!
IMAG0173.jpg

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
[MENTION=2879]PeterPanAndWendy[/MENTION], Pan is definitely giving you that 'look'. :laugh:

Wilson likes to scamper off when I get the witch hazel out to do his folds....he hates that stuff. :laugh:

[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION], Emma's only 40 (well 41) and it's nice being able to just pick her up....Wilson's 61 and he's not so nice to pick up. :eek:

Bullies are so funny at times....I think it's that short little stocky body that reminds me of pigs....:pigfly:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
When Banks wants nothing to do with what i need her to do -- she 'pretends' to be sleeping or she turns her head the other way thing 'if I do not make eye contact I will go away..... pppffftt

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
They both remind me of pigs running away.

Abby does the piggy run but its always towards some sort of food. Then she'll start that snorting/grunting thing looking on the ground for crumbs.. :pigfly: lol

Otis only runs from me when it's time to clean his nose. He has that constantly runny nose and it gets pretty crusty and nasty. Cleaning that thing should earn me a WWE championship

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Otis HATES having his face washed, it's the battle of all battles. On the other hand, he loves his butt cleaned.....

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online