Bully Holiday Presents!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
This looks like something my two would destroy in minutes (if that lol) Wow I didnt think HRH was a tough chewer :)

When she first came here to live she didn't show any interest in any kind of toys or chewing. But I repeatedly kept offering them and finally got her interested with some squeeky ones. She gets quite excited now when I get home from work and has to play keep away with me every day. She really gets into it now.

Bruce posted a video of her destroying Mr Bill in the matter of minutes. She grabs it with her front paws and then bites whatever appendage she can and just pulls with all her might until they give way.
She has also chewed three blue Nylabone dental chews down to where they no longer have nubs.

But the good thing is that at her last vet appointment he was very impressed with how clean her teeth have stayed since we got her started chewing. We had to have her teeth cleaned when she arrived and didn't want to have to keep doing that, so this has worked out really well.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
When she first came here to live she didn't show any interest in any kind of toys or chewing. But I repeatedly kept offering them and finally got her interested with some squeeky ones. She gets quite excited now when I get home from work and has to play keep away with me every day. She really gets into it now.

Bruce posted a video of her destroying Mr Bill in the matter of minutes. She grabs it with her front paws and then bites whatever appendage she can and just pulls with all her might until they give way.
She has also chewed three blue Nylabone dental chews down to where they no longer have nubs.

But the good thing is that at her last vet appointment he was very impressed with how clean her teeth have stayed since we got her started chewing. We had to have her teeth cleaned when she arrived and didn't want to have to keep doing that, so this has worked out really well.

Awe what a sweetie...Yup Brutus does the same he picks a spot and works at it until its ripped and destroyed! The kongs are the only ones he hasnt been able to wreck! We got a couple nylabones but between Chanel's big mouth and Brutus they were destroyed quick! Oh I remember that video! She is such a princess! Totally has you and Bruce trained well :)

OP
Taylor

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
boo! I gave Charlotte the "Larry the Lobster" version of Tuffys toy and it's been around for months now! Slowly each of the limbs are being chewed off, but she's more of a suckling chewer, so perhaps she's being gentle.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
We got Aubie the shark Tuffy's toy and she loves it. She is touch and go on destroying toys. We figured out that anything with long limbs she will kill in a jiffy by ripping said limbs off, so we get her things without long limbs. But she LOVES her shark. It is by far her favorite toy to play with and beat you with until you play with her, lol!

Here's the shark:

shark.jpg

I really want to get her the pig though...

pig.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
herman will be more interested in the box and wrapping paper anyway, so they gift inside doesnt really matter.

Banks is the same -- she would rather tear apart a cardboard box than play with a stuffed toy

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
I'm thinking about trying "The General" starfish and/or one of the tug of war toys to see how they hold up for Ellie.

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Well after doing some reading and seeing how a "star" shaped toy lasted recently, I opted to not go with the General. Instead, Ellie is getting the "Tuffy Toy" Ultimate Bone, the Ultimate Gear Ring, a Zogoflex Jive ball, and a Multipet Nobbly Wobbly ball. Ellie inherited one of the Nobbly Wobbly balls that our last dog partially destroyed, but it still bounces around and Ellie loves it. We'd still like to get her a bed, a new tug of war toy, and a couple of stuffies as she loves to suckle them to death.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Here's a toy I bought recently for the super chewers here and both dogs LOVE IT. I paid 17 bucks for the thing -- and just now found it for 13.99 on some website. I love that its also a dental cleaning toy. The blue rubber is super tough - yet pliable. They LOVE this thing!

View attachment 30313

Good to know I saw one of these at petco the other day and figured Bacon would destroy it, gonna have to give it a try. Other then kong/nylabone/antlers nothing survives. We are getting him two ice cube trays for xmas too with dog bone shaped opening so we can make him funky frozen treats in them.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
My Lola loves this ball thingy
Lola first year one 005.jpg
It is really tough! I buy these in bulk! The grooves I put peanut butter or yogurt in those and Lola goes nuts! They do have sticks that nylabone makes for this but I never buy them. If anyone see's this it is a must try for any bully that loves balls and they come in 3 sizes.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=5264]sweetpeasmom2008[/MENTION] - ooooooo!!! I've never seen one of these! Thanks for sharing!

[MENTION=4688]Baconator[/MENTION] - If Bacon can destroy that thing, I'm a monkey's uncle. Bo can actually DO REAL DAMAGE to a Nylabone and he's giving this one his all and so far, so good!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.