How tall will my Lola get?

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I was wondering how old are bullies when they are as tall as they are going to get and they start filling out? My Lola's growth has slowed down and I dont notice her getting much taller although I figure she is its just not as fast. She is almost 5 and a half months so how much taller will she get? She is looking funny these days also like she has a really long back but her legs are getting thicker and filling out some but her body is still long and skinny. She is already at around 40 pounds and im pretty sure a little bit more, I will have to weight her in the morning and find out for sure. Will bulldogs with longer backs have any health problems that the traditional box shape bulldog will have? Im concerned for her back not getting the support she needs and her hips. She looks like a bulldog mixed with a weenie dog ;). Will her legs ever catch up to her back?

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Sorry cant help u with an answer but im curious about this too lol. Meekos nearly 5 months and is short but a long sausage body and his head looks to small for the rest of him!! Hes all out of proportion lol. X

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Bullies go through many changes as they grow, they stay narrow and then get long legs and around one year of age they are about as tall as they are going to get but will start to fill out and get wider, until about age 2. They don't totally stop growing until about age 3.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I'm no help LOL my two are both really small and seemed to stop growing as far as height goes about 9 months LOL they both have short stout little box frames

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola looks as tall as her parents I think I bought a horse when I bought her she is a big tall girl! I was hoping she was done growing tall! She weighs more than my 4 and a half year old does. I will have to take pictures that show her true size.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola first year one 008.jpgLola first year one 009.jpg
Here is her long skinny back. She is huge and is it just me or is she the cutest thing?:tongue:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Since I got involved with Rescue I have seen SO many different shapes and sizes of pure english bulldogs that you would not believe it!!!!!! But the general rule is that they grow upwards until they are about a year, and then outwards until they are about 2. Although it's the first time I've heard that they actually can keep growing until the age of 3 [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]. Interesting, because Daddy turned 2 in August and in the last month or so I think he's got a little more stocky in his legs and chest.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=5264]sweetpeasmom2008[/MENTION] she is very cute and looks normal to me. She will fill out some as she gets older.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Sorry cant help u with an answer but im curious about this too lol. Meekos nearly 5 months and is short but a long sausage body and his head looks to small for the rest of him!! Hes all out of proportion lol. X

aww i wanna see a pic!!!!

herman is 8 months now, to me he's tall and long. he's got a tall butt. his breeder saw him and said that next his shoulders will get taller and when everything evens out the i'll know he's done growing taller LOL i dont think he will get much taller though.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Im glad to hear she will even out! I have read it a million times on here but then I look at Lola and think they must not be talking about you because you are just to long! And I do know different! She doesnt look real thick to me and she has a tiny waist but she is really active and lean looking. Either way she is perfect as long as it doesnt cause health problems Im ok with it!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.