feels like such a nasty mummy :(

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
I feel so horrible. Had to get a new bed today and the new one is twice as high as the old one and Meeko cant get up anymore. Hes sat next to me cryin n keeps tryin to jump up. my partner doesnt want him to sleep on the bed either so i cant use the excuse he just jumped up when i was sleeping :(. I dont even see why hes not allowed on the bed cos my partner farts snores n dribbles just as much as Meeko anyway so its no different to him bein in here!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor Meeko, you can always get some doggie steps so he can get up there, or put him a doggie bed right next to yours.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
awww poor Meeko they so love to snuggle up and sleep with the humans they own LOL but like Davidh said you can put a bed right next to your bed and let him sleep there next to your side that way you can reach over the edge and pet him.

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
Oh, there are solutions! (For both the partner and the dog!) I hope you can find a compromise. We have trained Lupe to leave the bed when I request, so if Im sick or need a snore-free night she heads to the living room.

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
He has a bed next to the bed but just doesnt use it since he could get on my bed! It took a while but he settled eventually in there. Lol i cant reach to pet him its too high of a bed.. I think i need steps to climb in before Meeko lol.i think il end up cwtchin into Meekos bed i miss the warmth off him cuddled into me :(!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
You have to do what I told my hubby when we started to foster Bella. He said she couldn't sleep with us .......... BUT ....... he always falls asleep first. So I told him she was just coming up there for me to cuddle her for a while and then I'd put her back down. He fell asleep and she stayed up there!!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
OH .. another idea ... Meeko is sleeping on YOUR half of the bed so tough :poo: to the bf .... bullies will always win in the end .......... :yes:

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I wish sometimes my dogs didn't sleep with us I would get a good night sleep I get woken up to Franklin slamming his butt on my head almost every morning I think once he gets older an I can trust him they will sleep on the couch grace would sleep on the couch if I told her to but its not fair if Franklin can sleep in bed an not her do they both have to grace is no problem once she's in bed she doesn't move Franklin he doesn't care he will walk all over you

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
I think once he gets older an I can trust him they will sleep on the couch

He..he..he ...... yeah right ....... you are OWNED by bulldogs ..... you are now destined to sleep on the 6" of bed that exists before the edge for the rest of your life!!! :bigeyes:

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He..he..he ...... yeah right ....... you are OWNED by bulldogs ..... you are now destined to sleep on the 6" of bed that exists before the edge for the rest of your life!!! :bigeyes:

:butterfly: I know I just keep telling myself that so maybe one day I will get some sleep I sleep by the wall an my husband wakes up off the bed then he gets mad an sleeps on the couch the other morning I woke up an he's wedge between the bed an the night table it was funny for a second then sad that are dogs are more comfortable then us

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
:butterfly: I know I just keep telling myself that so maybe one day I will get some sleep I sleep by the wall an my husband wakes up off the bed then he gets mad an sleeps on the couch the other morning I woke up an he's wedge between the bed an the night table it was funny for a second then sad that are dogs are more comfortable then us

Well ... Tom will physicaly move her in the night so i think he disrupts her. And I dont mind her snuggling up to me, so over a period of time she's learnt to sleep right up against me and she leaves Tom alone. I sometimes wake up in the night and there is me and Bella with about a third of the bed, and Tom is spread-eagled with all the room in the world!!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Well ... Tom will physicaly move her in the night so i think he disrupts her. And I dont mind her snuggling up to me, so over a period of time she's learnt to sleep right up against me and she leaves Tom alone. I sometimes wake up in the night and there is me and Bella with about a third of the bed, and Tom is spread-eagled with all the room in the world!!!

I should add that I like her touching me, so if I'm lying on my side then I tend to pull her in towards me before I go to sleep so I guess it's like training her where to lie reallly

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

:butterfly: grace sleeps right next to me to an Franklin sleeps down by are feet dale sleeps so hard he doesn't know what is going on he can wake up have a whole conversation with me an not remember any of it in the morning so I don't know how he gets pushed out of bed he blames it on the dogs but I think he just rolls to much

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Hahaha its soo funny that we love our bullies more than our hubbies!! I wish i could do all ur tricks but my hubby wprks nights and never knows what time hes gonna finish so i cant even set my alarm n sneak him off the bed. And cos he stuck to my rule of not cwtchin our 5month baby n lettin him sleep in the bed i gotta stick to his rule of no Meeko in the bed :'( .. I dont think Meekos my friend thiis mornin now lol he hasnt moved from his bed :( x

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.