need some help.

Jorge Rodriguez

Jul 27, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
chucky
i posted something about this some months ago i tried some of the stuff you guys recommend me but didnt work.

ok so the problem is that since chucky turn 1 year, his wrinkles on his nose gets reallyyyyy dirty, i mean i dont know if this is normal in all bulldogs.

i took him to the vet and he said that it was normal,it gets so dirty because the air cant get into his wrinkles and something like that.

but i dont trust the vet i went to, im about to take him to a new vet, but need some opinons first.

ill post a pic of his wrinkles and how dirty they get.

i clean his wrinkles like 2 or 3 days ago, and just look at the picture, that is how dirty it get in 3 days, is that normal? photo-1.jpgphoto-2.jpg

maggies mom

Aug 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
maggie
Maggies was like that a while back and I treated it with yeast infection cream which worked after a couple days. Now I try to stay more on top of it and clean it every day. If you think it's just dirt maybe watch him and see if he is digging in the yard? Otherwise I don't see how it could get so dirty so quick!

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
What do you use to clean his wrinkles? I would definitely start cleaning them daily. I can tell when I miss a day or two of cleaning Gio's wrinkles or tail pocket, especially his tail pocket, when I clean it after two days the wipe is very dirty. I would personally recommend a wipe that has a drying agent it, I use trizCHLOR 4 wipes and they are amazing, you can get them from amazon. Hope this helps a little, keep us posted with what the vet says!

OP
Jorge Rodriguez

Jorge Rodriguez

Jul 27, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
chucky
Maggies was like that a while back and I treated it with yeast infection cream which worked after a couple days. Now I try to stay more on top of it and clean it every day. If you think it's just dirt maybe watch him and see if he is digging in the yard? Otherwise I don't see how it could get so dirty so quick!

im sure is not because hi digs in the yard, i though it was but i keep him 3 days in the apartment like 3 time already to see if it gets dirty, and yeah it gets dirty any ways.

he has no hair ay all in there, i watch his wrinkles everyday, and what happens after i clean it is that it starts to get wet, like sweat, and with in 2 days it gets gummy.

lovemybullys

Sep 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
samson. and ares
I have to agree I don't know much but I know the trichlor4 wipes have been a life saver for me. I get mine from the vet at 13$ a pop. Needless to say I have a stockpile an Samson an Ares don't seem to mind them eather they Hated baby wipes

OP
Jorge Rodriguez

Jorge Rodriguez

Jul 27, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
chucky
i use a regular soft rag, i tried using this baby cream "desitin" it keeps it dry but for 1 or 2 days, and then it just get worst because the cream and sweat get together and it just get worst. ill clean him everyday but if do that spot will bleed or something, it looks really sensible after i clean it.

OP
Jorge Rodriguez

Jorge Rodriguez

Jul 27, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
chucky
so you guys saying that is normal to get that dirty ? ill just have to use a proper wipe ?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi Jorge! I think you have more of a yeast and gunk build up then dirt. I would get some witch hazel..cotton pads and Duoxo. The witch hazel and cotton pads you can get at Target or anyplace like that. They are very inexpensive. You soak the cotton pads with witch hazel..squeeze out the excess and wipe inside his nose rope. Be very careful NOT to get near his eyes. Do this every 3 days..it does NOT need to be dried out. The Witch Hazel is a natural astringent and will dry on its own. Now..the Duoxo pads are available on Amazon. They are nealy identical to Maloket pads but don't smell as strong. These you can use every day to wipe out his nose rope and also other wrinkles. I actually give Jake a general going over with these once a week. They also work great on any sores or bumps that show up.

The Desitin is great for dryness or if you see irritation. But to use all the time can contribute to the gunkiness!
Once you get a handle on it, cut back the witch hazel to two or three times a week. Witch Hazel also works great to clean their ears..use on those cotton pads and you will be amazed at what you get from deep in their ears.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
it might not be dirt. some yeast can be black in color. If you can't get it clean, then it maybe a yeast issue. I use dry soft micro fiber towel on mine. They just don't have that bad of wrinkle.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Abby has a deep rope like that and so does my new foster Knuckles. I wipe them clean every night with a baby wipe then put some Gold Bond powder on a qtip and wipe it in there to help keep it dry.

In Chuckys case I would wipe it with a cotton ball of ACV then after drying it with a clean cottom ball I would follow up with the powder on a qtip. He looks a little yeasty under there, the ACV will kill that yeast and stop any more from growing. But you will have to stay on top of it and do it every day.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
i posted something about this some months ago i tried some of the stuff you guys recommend me but didnt work.

ok so the problem is that since chucky turn 1 year, his wrinkles on his nose gets reallyyyyy dirty, i mean i dont know if this is normal in all bulldogs.

i took him to the vet and he said that it was normal,it gets so dirty because the air cant get into his wrinkles and something like that.

but i dont trust the vet i went to, im about to take him to a new vet, but need some opinons first.

ill post a pic of his wrinkles and how dirty they get.

i clean his wrinkles like 2 or 3 days ago, and just look at the picture, that is how dirty it get in 3 days, is that normal?View attachment 30240View attachment 30241

Dublin has awful time with her nose rope area and just like Chucky has a very deep one so it almost impossible for any air to get in there to dry it out and then she is constantly licking her nose because of her allergies. I have tried everything and I promise you I mean it. Looking at these pics it might be wise to bring Chucky to the vet. At this point he may have a bacterial infection going on as well as the yeast. It looks awfully irritated, poor boy. If it is bacterial then nothing you are doing will clear that up. I wipe that area on Dublin twice a day with fragrance free baby wipes and some Mal-A-Ket Plus. It is a TrizEDTA flush not the wipes. I find the wipes too astrigent and they dont' work any better in my experience. It doesn't smell bad either. If you have a good pet supply store in your area you should get it there or online I'm sure. I try to let the area "air dry" for about 10 seconds ( holding the nose rope back) and then I gently dry it with soft cloth. She is on grain free food and it does help, but the bigger the nose rope the more issues you will have. it is just the way it is. Gentle and doing it twice a day has worked best for me thus far. I still say take him to the vet for now.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I use Malacetic Otic solution, I put it on the round cotton make up pads and clean her wrinckles with that also it clears up tear stains but just dont get it close to the eye. This stuff kills bacteria and has cleaned up her red yeast like that on her nose. Also blow on it or let it air dry then put diaper cream on it. You can scrub a little to with that soaked pad and you will notice a difference right away!

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I use Malacetic Otic solution, I put it on the round cotton make up pads and clean her wrinckles with that also it clears up tear stains but just dont get it close to the eye. This stuff kills bacteria and has cleaned up her red yeast like that on her nose. Also blow on it or let it air dry then put diaper cream on it. You can scrub a little to with that soaked pad and you will notice a difference right away!

Hmm! havent tried the Otic solution myself so I will give that a try and see if it works better than the "flush" which is used for the ears also. That's why I love this site. Always some different things to try and with bullies it is "if you dont' succeed, then try, try again" :D

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
What are you feeding him? A lot of times right food makes the world of difference with this problem too. I clean Usko's wrinkles a few times a week with colloidal silver and put Desitin after. His wrinkles suddenly got really irritated awhile ago and this mix was the thing that cured them in no time.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.