Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: need some help.

I use Malacetic Otic solution, I put it on the round cotton make up pads and clean her wrinckles with that also it clears up tear stains but just dont get it close to the eye. This stuff kills bacteria and has cleaned up her red yeast like that on her nose. Also blow on it or let it air dry then put diaper cream on it. You can scrub a little to with that soaked pad and you will notice a difference right away!

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeasmom2008 View Post
    I use Malacetic Otic solution, I put it on the round cotton make up pads and clean her wrinckles with that also it clears up tear stains but just dont get it close to the eye. This stuff kills bacteria and has cleaned up her red yeast like that on her nose. Also blow on it or let it air dry then put diaper cream on it. You can scrub a little to with that soaked pad and you will notice a difference right away!
    Hmm! havent tried the Otic solution myself so I will give that a try and see if it works better than the "flush" which is used for the ears also. That's why I love this site. Always some different things to try and with bullies it is "if you dont' succeed, then try, try again"

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

What are you feeding him? A lot of times right food makes the world of difference with this problem too. I clean Usko's wrinkles a few times a week with colloidal silver and put Desitin after. His wrinkles suddenly got really irritated awhile ago and this mix was the thing that cured them in no time.

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

you have been given some really good suggestions and a list of good products to try .. all I could add is to remember to do this face folds everyday, it's so important to take daily care of those wrinkles and folds. good luck and hope you find the right combination of products for him.
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Jenna
    Likes (Received)

Jenna is a rescue...when i first brought her home her nose rope and tail pocket were very dirty I cleaned them often with fragrance free baby wipes but the next day they were just as bad...then I read here about the reddish color being a sign of yeast...so i started doing both with witch hazel and then putting destin on...seems to have worked for her...i clean her now every few days...still a little dirty but no red and no where near as bad

Bulldog(s) Names
    Paisley
    Likes (Received)

Hi Marianne,

I'm researching my own little pretty nasty problem (tail pocket) and I saw an older thread from you about Jenna and her Stevie Wonder. It sounds like she sure lucked out when she got you! Congratulations, I hope you both have lots of kisses and love for years!

@marianne
    Last edited by JAKEISGREAT; 11-08-2012 at 04:03 PM.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Rodriguez View Post
    im sure is not because hi digs in the yard, i though it was but i keep him 3 days in the apartment like 3 time already to see if it gets dirty, and yeah it gets dirty any ways.

he has no hair ay all in there, i watch his wrinkles everyday, and what happens after i clean it is that it starts to get wet, like sweat, and with in 2 days it gets gummy.
    OUCH... that looks infected to me. Have you tried Witch Hazel? it is cheap and self drying so it will help with the moisture
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

hey guys, I've been trying to decide between trizCHLOR 4 wipes and Duoxo, what's the difference? Also are they safe to use in the wrinkles closest to the eyes? Charlotte's nose are stays okay but her eyewrinkles are the one's that tend to get a little irritated.

Thanks love you all for your advice
    @JAKEISGREAT
    @mcraven2
    Last edited by Taylor; 11-09-2012 at 07:05 AM.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

That does look quite sore!! I would give the witch hazel a try and try not to rub too hard because from the pics it really looks irritated.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    hey guys, I've been trying to decide between trizCHLOR 4 wipes and Duoxo, what's the difference? Also are they safe to use in the wrinkles closest to the eyes? Charlotte's nose are stays okay but her eyewrinkles are the one's that tend to get a little irritated.

Thanks love you all for your advice
    @JAKEISGREAT
    @mcraven2

I am not certain about the trichlor wipes..but Duoxo and Maloket are both nearly identical. I used to use the Maloket but they smell sooo much stronger, it was a battle to use on Jake's face. And they work just as well.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Molly and Yuna both have deep nose ropes. If I get the black gunk in it I use malecetic otic to clean it, then malectic ultra to treat it. After it dries out I put a bit of panalog ointment in it and whalla, it is usually all better by the next day. Repeat if needed, but if it's 80% or better then I just the the malacetic otic, witch hazel, or ACV to maintain. Using just baby wipes or a wet cloth only feed the bacteria or fungus.

You can get the two malacetic products on amazon but panalog is rx from your vet.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Taylor I use them on Gio's wrinkles that are right under his eyes, they don't bother him I just try to be gentle when I'm cleaning close to his eyes. He doesn't mind them and the smell isn't to strong. He especially loves when I clean his tail pocket! But I definitely recommend them! I think the wipes are similar, as long as they have a drying agent in them. I just chose the trizchlor because my vet recommended them.
    Princess, Diva, and Gio <3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads