What should i do?

kevi204

Nov 6, 2012
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
I put a deposit on a male English Bulldog and was supposed to pick the little guy up this Friday.
The Breeder calls me today very concerned telling me that she thought my bully had parvo and was taking him to the vet to diagnose. He would not eat, and had loose stool (not diarrhea) and was running a fever. He was perfectly healthy acting until this morning. Well word got back to me that he did not have parvo and after having a lot of tests done, the vet came to the conclusion that it was an Upper Respiratory issue. He will be put on antiobiotics and and will reside the vet until he can be picked up tonight by the breeder. The breeder said that he definitely will not be ready to pick up on Friday, and that she will keep him until he recovers (hopefully).

Would it be a bad decision to wait it out and still pick up this puppy when its healthy again or is this a sign for more issues to come. Is this something that would effect me getting pet insurance on the puppy?

All the other pups in the litter are healthy and doing fine she said. She has already offerred to give me my deposit back or said i could have the 1 female that is left.

I have no problems taking home the female as all the puppies in the litter were adorable. I just had my heart set on a male was all. Any help would be appreciated.

-the pups will be 8 weeks old on Friday

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
How old are the pups? If it was simply an upper respiratory infection I wouldn't let that sway you from taking the puppy. But I wouldn't pick the pup up until its perfectly healthy. A 2 week round of antibiotics should clear him up.

OP
K

kevi204

Nov 6, 2012
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Sorry for the duplicate thread. I was just trying to get as much help as possible before i make a decision tonight.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.