Clothing lovers?

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Does anyone have a bully that loves to wear clothes? I am wondering if I can get Raven to wear any clothes at all since it's getting so cold. I purchased a cute Halloween costume for her that was pretty simple, a little hat and some wings. Lord you would have thought I was trying to kill her. She wouldn't let me put it on.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
mine don't wear cloths but will let me put stuff on them when I want to ... my suggestion is to buy a sweatshirt or sweater and put it on Raven eventually it will be accepted and worn without being a huge deal ... but something new always causes a stir with my two LOL

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
mine don't wear cloths but will let me put stuff on them when I want to ... my suggestion is to buy a sweatshirt or sweater and put it on Raven eventually it will be accepted and worn without being a huge deal ... but something new always causes a stir with my two LOL

You know what, I am going to take a t-shirt from one of my daughters and see how that goes with her. Thanks.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I don't put cloths on mine either, but I would think like [MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION] said she should get used to them.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Orion wears clothes sometimes. When I initially put a shirt on her, she will freeze. That's the best time to take photographs of her. It's funny. I can take a fleece off of her and put a clean one on her. Same exact fit and size...she will still freeze.

~Disclaimer~
Sent from my Droid RAZR using Tapatalk. I'm probably crouched down in a corner at work trying to send this post via dictation software. I shall not be held responsible for any misspellings, incorrect punctuation, and most importantly ..... incorrect translations!!

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
If it isn't too warm, Herschel almost always has at least a t-shirt on. He now has connected the shirt with all the extra attention he gets so if I even pick up one of his shirts/sweaters/jackets etc, he starts wiggling with anticipation.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
princess Grace is always dressed..... [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION]

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=4054]Bizzymammabee[/MENTION] - you're welcome, hopefully she will learn to love cloths. Oh and I believe it's an EBN requirement that you post pictures! ;)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH wasn't thrilled the first time we dressed her, but she tolerated it. If it's storming out an outfit will seem to bring some comfort. We got her a thundershirt, but it doesn't seem to do this anymore than a Tshirt or a fleece will. But I also think the thundershirt doesn't quite fit her well enough. To buy it by her dimensions around it's much too long on her body and just doesn't seem to fit her right.

Now she actually gets excited and jumps right up to get clothes on if we also mention Bye Bye. We have concluded she loves going on car rides. However she does not like going anywhere in particular. It's all about the journey not the destination. And she prances pretty darned cutely when people tell her how pretty she is when she's all dressed up.

She will sometimes make it clear it's time to take a shirt off by rubbing under the footrest of the recliner. But she doesn't always do that.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
My boys have preferred being naked to wearing clothes. I usually have more than one dog and clothes become a tug toy. Ruggles would shred and eat any clothes I put on him!

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
never had April in any kind of shirt yet but she dosnt mind this coat type fleece 2012-10-15_14-06-36_35.jpg2012-10-15_14-15-36_492.jpg this one is the first time she ever had it on I got the snaggle tooth stink eye 2012-10-15_14-06-10_82.jpg

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I have always dressed Lola and she is pretty used to it. The worst time I had with her was halloween with her witches hat because it wouldnt stay on so she got tired of it.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I have never tried clothes on Ftse I would like to but to get the width they seem too long, I don't know how he would go because he hates hats on

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online