Seamus is going in for surgery today

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
Mr. Seamus is going in to be neutered and to have his umbilical hernia fixed today. I am soooo nervous. We have a great vet who specializes in bulldogs but of course I was a super nervous mommy today dropping him off. I dropped him off at 7:15am and they took him right away to the back room. I didn't even really get to say bye and hug him, which is probably for the best since he would sense my nerves. They are doing the surgery sometime between 11-1 this afternoon and will give me a call as soon as he wakes up from the anesthesia. He will stay over night at the vets so they can monitor him and make sure his incisions are okay and I will pick him up tomorrow after 10am. It is going to be so weird being in our apartment without him tonight! Thankfully I have a lot going on at work today and will be getting home late so I won't be sitting by myself in my apartment worrying about him all day.

Keep him in your prayers! I will give an update once I hear from the vet.

OP
ccurran

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
Yes I know .. he was calm and relaxed this morning. Here is a picture of him relaxing in the car on our drive over to the vets. He loves the vets which is good for us!

Seamus in car.jpg

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
That is the worst. I never got to say bye to Cutty when he ad his acl urgery either. He will be fine tho, having a good bully vet goes a long way! ;)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Praying for sweet Seamus! :praying: We'll keep you company while you wait. :)

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
He is so handsome! I hope your day flies by! Please keep us updated!

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Been down the surgery route a number of times and I know how hard it must be for you. He is such a healthy boy. He will be just fine and spoiled rotten once he is home...:2thumbs:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Prayers and positive thoughts for a successful surgery and quick recovery.

OP
ccurran

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
Thanks everybody! Just got off the phone with the Vet and she said Mr. Seamus did awesome and was a text book patient. He is currently sleeping and resting up. It should be interesting trying to keep him calm and not moving around much for the next 7 days. She also said that his umbilical hernia was the biggest she has even seen. Glad he is up and doing okay!

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: hope all goes well I'll be praying for him for a safe recovery keep us updated

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Glad to hear he is okay, they swept Bacon away like that when we got him neutered. One thing that worked to keep him calm and not very active was to baby gate him in whatever room we were in. Also I had to carry him up and down the stairs for the first week which was interesting.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
glad to hear everything went well ... sending prayers for a speedy recovery.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So happy everything went well and he will be home before you know it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.