We got her!! Also questions

OP
A

Adorabull

Oct 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka truck and new puppy
try wearing a shirt and before putting it in the laundry, let her sleep with it. she won't feel so all alone if she has your sent . ( not you favorite shirt) like and old sweat shirt or something similar
OMG!! This worked right away! I blocked her off in the living room with toys while I kept a close eye on her pretended to be cleaning ignoring her. She started her crying... I went and got my shirt and my hubby's shirt we wore last night. She immediately bedded up on them. After couple of minutes she got up and started playing. This is huge as I haven't been able to put her down at all. She had been playing for 20 min now going back to the shirts from time to time. Thank you!!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
OMG!! This worked right away! I blocked her off in the living room with toys while I kept a close eye on her pretended to be cleaning ignoring her. She started her crying... I went and got my shirt and my hubby's shirt we wore last night. She immediately bedded up on them. After couple of minutes she got up and started playing. This is huge as I haven't been able to put her down at all. She had been playing for 20 min now going back to the shirts from time to time. Thank you!!!

YAY ........ I am SO pleased for you because although you know you HAVE to do it, it really is quite heart breaking listening to them crying!!! :crying:

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: congratulations on your new baby she is so adorable. When I got Franklin he was so independent he didn't want to cuddle he still slept by my feet an in bed with us but now if he can't see me he cries now he's a mamma's boy. When she gets older an more comfy she will want to explore more an play with Tonka just give it time an let her cry it's sad I hate when Franklin cries but I know if I give him what he wants he will cry all the time. Good luck an again congratulations on your sweet baby Pippa

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
BTW ....... I forgot to say that she is absolutely adorable ......... and I can't wait to see her and Tonka together!!!!

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Of course you want to snuggle with her 24/7 You would want to have a hear to steel not to.. Just look at her! I"ll let everyone else tell you what you should do and I will be the one to say "snuggle on" :rofl: Of course the advice about letting her cry :cry: is good... Did I just say that??? How old is she???

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
She's so precious! Do get a wire crate (one big enough that she can grow into). One of the best tips I read on puppies before I got Wilson was to put their crate next to your bed and when they whine just reach down and let them touch your fingers. They just want to know you're there. It's very reassuring to them too. It worked like a charm for Wilson and Emma. You may also want to put a light weight blanket/sheet over the crate at night. Wilson and Emma both sleep with us now and their snoring doesn't bother me at all. Wilson's not too bad, Emma's snore is a bit high pitched though.

Pippa's adorabull. :D

OP
A

Adorabull

Oct 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka truck and new puppy
Of course you want to snuggle with her 24/7 You would want to have a hear to steel not to.. Just look at her! I"ll let everyone else tell you what you should do and I will be the one to say "snuggle on" :rofl: Of course the advice about letting her cry :cry: is good... Did I just say that??? How old is she???
She is 8 weeks old. I got her Friday night:) You sound like me... I was tell my hubby she is only little once!

A

Alaskasmom1

Beautiful baby bully! Great choice on the name too...puppy breath is so great! Hugs.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
I just have to say... wow. beautiful girl. I would definitely crate her with you at night, in the same room, let her out every 2 hours or whatever the recommended potty time is for her age. If she cries, take her out, and if she still cries after that, let her cry it out. Eventually she will fall asleep.

Fingers crossed for you!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thanks! I will just have to grow tuff skin and let her cry it out. I just wanted to make sure this is what I needed to do. She is such a cuddle bug!

Oh yes, the first thing a puppy learns in life-- if I cry, I will get my human to come and give me what I want. Nip it in the bud now before it's too late!!! A good excersise is to come to her a few times but not give her what she wants. Instead, a firm no. Then walk away. If they don't see you they will continue to cry, perhaps even louder, because you have not come yet.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
It's great you are training her early and not giving in too much. I couldn't do that when I got Tate bc I was a sucker and would take him out of his crate whenever he started crying. Fast forward 19mos and I currently have 2 bulldogs hogging my blankets every night! :bitching:

congrats on Pippa--precious girl!:heart:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.