Does anyone else have bullies who think they're cats?

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Just popped in my head since I'm sitting here Cleo is grooming Mac like he's her kitten. They will often groom each other in the evening and they both just love it. She'll even clean his ears for him!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh I do, Wilson! He think he's god's gift to bullies, has the attitude of a cat, thinks the world is her to serve him and only wants to be loved on when he wants to be loved one. I say all the time that he's like a stuck up cat. :ROFL:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I never thought of it as cat like, but yes, Scrimps and Dolly groom the others, and each other:droolers: :halloween2:

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
Denali will never lower her regal self to groom Gunny, but Gunny will spend hours doting on her.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
they will once in awhile clean the others face but just a couple licks here and there ... though Molly does spend a lot of time grooming (licking) my favorite chair wonder if she thinks she is stanley steamer?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, Banks and Cheli will lick each others face, ears and paws..... Cheli also has cat like moves

Adorabull

Oct 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka truck and new puppy
I always tell my hubby Tonka thinks he is a cat. Not bc of the grooming but because he hides and pounces on everyone. I swear he pops out and attacks my feet every time it's dark and I'm home alone just to scare me!

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Yes! They totally clean each other's ears, and faces, and randomly lick each other's backs or necks....Wilbur will also soak the dog bed or couch, he licks it to death! So silly.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Not Ftse but when I had pug's my female used to sit there and lick her paw and wash her face and sit on the windowsills just like a cat and climb it was so funny to watch.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Herman does this cat stretch everytime it's time to go outside. I have to wait until he's done before he walks down the stairs. He also needs to rub against my leg while I'm walking like a cat...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.