It's a Bully-less day/night at the Spork house

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Dropped off Ellie at the vets this morning for spaying, micro chipping, and nasal cauterization. Our vet has a policy to keep both cats and dogs overnight when spayed, so it'll be a quiet night at the Spork house. She squirmed around on the scales and her "rough weight" was 27.8lbs, but I'm thinking it's closer to the 30lbs range. Once I handed the leash over to the vet tech, Ellie trotted right on back without thinking twice about it or looking back. I'm sure she'll be fine, but she was NOT happy that she couldn't eat this morning. Quite the vocal Bully.

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Aww bless you id be a sissy and cry leaving meeko behind lol. Im dreadin when he has to have his nuts crushed lol x

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow that is great they keep them one night to make sure they are okay. Ellie will be fine, I'm probably more worried about you making it through the night! :hug:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
I'll be fine, but the wife will probably be a head case later tonight. :help1: I think I'd rather deal with Ellie and her spastic moments. :p

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Once I handed the leash over to the vet tech, Ellie trotted right on back without thinking twice about it or looking back.

I hate that. There's always this voice in my heart screaming "Nooooo!! You're not supposed to want to go anywhere without me!"

I'm sure she will be fine. I love that your vet keeps them overnight for monitoring.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
my thoughts are with you and your wife, make it a special evening, nice dinner and movie together just to keep your minds occupied. Ellie Mae will do great and be so happy to see you when you pick her up.

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Just called the vet and everything with the surgery went great, so no puppies and she's had a nose job. They said that she should easily be ready to go home first thing in the morning.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Enjoy your quite night.... very happy to hear she did so well and will be home in the morning

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Well Ellie made it home with a shaved belly, tender nose, and sore shoulders. She seems to be doing fine right now as she's passed out in her crate with her favorite suckling toy. The vet said that she'll probably sneeze a good bit over the next few days from the nasal cauterization and that the discharge so far has been great and should continue to be clear as opposed to mucus/bloody colored. Her microchip went right between her shoulder blades, so she's probably pretty tender there. The microchip has been registered, so we're good to go there. Blood work came back fine as well. They said that she didn't eat much yesterday afternoon but that she ate fine this morning. She doesn't seem to handle pain very well as they had to start her on a pain killer last night and Ellie came home with a couple of pills for tomorrow and Monday. She's definitely very groggy, so it'll probably be a lazy weekend with lots of naps in her crate so that she can rest and take things easy.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
so glad to hear Ellie Mae is home and though sore doing good hope she has a speedy recovery

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
And here's Ellie napping the day away.....

IMAG0257.jpg

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Ahh Matilda is going to get the SAME surgeries (except for the microcip - we already did that awhile back), after Thanksgiving and I'm freaking out. I just found out yesterday that she'll need the nose job.

Glad your baby is okay!

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Ahh Matilda is going to get the SAME surgeries (except for the microcip - we already did that awhile back), after Thanksgiving and I'm freaking out. I just found out yesterday that she'll need the nose job.

Glad your baby is okay!

Thanks. Our vet's office has 2 vets that both have seen Ellie. One said she didn't need the nasal cauterization and the other recommended it. Once I found out that it was only $30 extra, I figured why not while she's already under. Hopefully it can only help. When Ellie's been awake today, she's been having a sneezing fit, so be prepared.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online