Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I've been wondering about those stairs also, I wanted to get them for Diesel & Molly to get in the truck. Hopefully someone has tried them and will be able to give you advise

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
image.jpgYes! I have them to let them get up on the couch! They got it right away......saved my back! They work great, and yes totally support them no prob ( mine weigh 52 and 54 lbs). This is a live shot! Sorry it is rotated.and geez I don't even have those ones you are thinking of....mine cost $25 and snapped together with a fleece cover over them. I have seen the ones you want in- store...they are totally sturdy, don' t worry :)image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
hnhammond

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Yes! I have them to let them get up on the couch! They got it right away......saved my back!
They work great, and yes totally support them no prob ( mine weigh 52 and 54 lbs).

and geez I don't even have those ones you are thinking of....mine cost $25 and snapped together with a fleece cover over them. I have seen the ones you want in- store...they are totally sturdy, don' t worry :)

Where did you find yours for $25? The only ones I've seen for cheaper are basically pillows and the steps would never support a bully!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I have the same ones as [MENTION=5605]Momma2Bullies[/MENTION] and Remy is the only one who actually uses them. He weighs over 60 pounds so I would say the ones you want will be fine. Oliver will go up to the 2nd step and then want to be picked up and put on the bed, Sebastian won't go near them.

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Where did you find yours for $25? The only ones I've seen for cheaper are basically pillows and the steps would never support a bully!
I just added a picture....
they were at Petsmart, and they were in an area called " as seen on tv", the pedi- paw thing was there too.... They came in a flat box. The brandies literally " doggy steps"....

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Denton, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
Just a warning.... Brutus fractured his tibia and got a diaphragmatic tear because of steps very similar to these. Not because they couldn't support him, but because he fell off :( We almost lost him, and then spent the last month in out of the vet. We took them out of our bedroom.

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
We have the telebrand steps for the couch than Tank has used since he was a puppy, BUT I wouldn't even think about using for my bed. My bed is much taller and the steps are not super stable. If he missed (as he has before) and falls off the couch it's not too far, but off the bed would be bad :( I am also looking for a set of good steps for my bed, as he is getting too big to get up or down and would love some feedback. The extra large wooden ones from PetSmart look nice, but they are only 24" tall. I'm not sure that is tall enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Yes, for sure....I am only using these for my couch. I have a high bed also, but the dogs aren't allowed on the bed. These steps are definitely nowhere near high enough for a bed.....
i am so sorry for injuries :( and I hope everyone is ok

OP
hnhammond

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Thank you all so much! Well shoot... now I'm worried about Matilda falling off. What else can I do? She's getting harder and harder to lift!

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I will let you know if I find anything, because my boy is 50 plus now, too. He can jump on the bed (when he really wants to) but I don't want him jumping off, high bed AND wood floors :0 . Hubby hurt his shoulder last week picking him up, so I need to find something. Do you know any one that does woodwork? I'm beginning to think about building a set...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
I have the plastic ones with covers on the steps for the couch and they work great. For my bed since it is high i have steps tht r deeper and higher. The boys have used them since they were puppies. The r actually covered in carpet and i will take a pic when i can and post

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Kinda funny, with Mimi and tyler we never even thought about a step for the couch. When we got Rudy we had to put a step stool in front of the couch until he was about 6 months old. Mila a little over 5 months at the time jumped onto our very high, waist high, bed. We thought Tyler the spring legged bulldog was the only bulldog that could do that. He would use all 4 legs and jump up like a spring. Mila mastered the couch at about 12 weeks. She is currently, 6-1/2 months, working on her table surfing skills. Our kid found her on our bar table, round glass on top of a full size wine barrel, a couple weeks ago. Never underestimate a bulldog. LOL

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.