RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
We too have a very tall bed, so what I did, was built a simple box (Rectangle) that is 1/2 the distance high, and then we put fabric on top, stuffed it with an old comforter. So it looks like a cedar chest. VERY Simple to build, I am not a carpenter at all. Gizmo bounces up on 'the chest' and up onto the bed. Hershey does the same - I think its about 18 inches high or equivalent to 2 steps?

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
My bed is very very tall, and Matilda is getting sooo unbelievably heavy to pick up!

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4033067&f=PAD/psNotAvailInUS/No
I'm thinking of purchasing these, but since they're online only, I'm not sure if they're sturdy enough for a full-grown bully.

Do you have any recommendations? Do your babies use doggie stairs?

I have a super tall bed like you. It would take two or three of those stair things stacked to get them up there.

M

mabel lou

Has anyone ever thought of applying rails to the side of the steps or possibly a ramp with rails on it. Also it would be perfect once the dog is on the bed or couch to then just lay it down and slide under bed until further use or you can just leave it out. But my brother who was disabled had a ramp built and they applied rails to it and I thought that would be a great idea for steps or ramp for a dog which I am going to have built for my doggie door when getting it.

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Denton, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
Steps or a ramp with rails would be great! I custom did the steps we had for our JRT's and they worked great for them, but just not so great for Brutus.... still being a puppy he is a little on clumsy side :)

M

mabel lou

My sister has a very very high bed and she has a dashund dog and her boyfriend applied the rails after meister decided to basically run fast and so I told her about the rail so meister wouldn't fall off and my girl when visiting did very well going up and down it once the rails were in place. Only one dog at a time though. My girl doesn't go up on my bed so I don't need them for the bed I will need a ramp with rails for doggie door I am getting (in and out) because I have a step and I don't want them to use doggie door an fall flat on their face so I came up with a doggie ramp with rails design just because of my brother ramp and how his dogs use it very well. Once it is done I will post pics and if I should get to my sisters house soon I will take pics of her steps with rails as well.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
View attachment 29924Yes! I have them to let them get up on the couch! They got it right away......saved my back! They work great, and yes totally support them no prob ( mine weigh 52 and 54 lbs). This is a live shot! Sorry it is rotated.and geez I don't even have those ones you are thinking of....mine cost $25 and snapped together with a fleece cover over them. I have seen the ones you want in- store...they are totally sturdy, don' t worry :)View attachment 29924

I had those for Abby. Otis ate them :bang:

I was thinking about trying something like this for her next. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pup-Step-Plus-Pet-Stairs/17631211

Members online

No members online now.