Bulldog ears

Rampton1

Nov 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Alfie
Hi This is my new bulldog Alfie - he is 11 weeks old and absolutely adorable - however i am a bit concerned about his ears - the breeder glued them for us at 8/9 weeks but they still donā€™t seem right to me, sometimes he looks like a rabbit as they flop down, Will they sort themselves out or will they need to be re-glued? Iā€™m not so sure i would trust myself to glue them. Any help or advice would be appreciated

Attachments

• SAM_0130.jpg
    SAM_0130.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 217
  • SAM_0112.jpg
    SAM_0112.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 217

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I'm not an expert on ears, I'm sure someone will be along shortly to assist you, just wanted to say Welcome and that is a very handsome little guy you have there.

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
It seems the general consensus around here is not to glue. Gunny's breeder doesn't glue and his kinda 'popped' after awhile. I wouldn't stress too much, let nature take its course. The others will be on with more concrete knowledge.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
He is so sweet! Never heard of gluing ears sorry I can't help but I could just eat him right up.

M

mabel lou

Oh my gosh he is soooooooooooo cute. Seriously the way he is looking in his pictures is driving me nuts because he is so cute. I love when they have a certain look of WHAT?

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Hi This is my new bulldog Alfie - he is 11 weeks old and absolutely adorable - however i am a bit concerned about his ears - the breeder glued them for us at 8/9 weeks but they still donā€™t seem right to me, sometimes he looks like a rabbit as they flop down, Will they sort themselves out or will they need to be re-glued? Iā€™m not so sure i would trust myself to glue them. Any help or advice would be appreciated

Alfie is one seriously cute bullie :heart:. When we picked Dublin up at 11 weeks her Breeder had her ears glued. We were horrified and we unglued them when we got home and poor baby had bald spots on her ears for weeks. Even with the gluing there is no guarantee that the ears will stay back and unless you are planning on putting Alfie in the show ring then I wouldn't put him through it. I love Dublin's ears and let me tell you it doesn't take away from her cuteness overload. Cameras get whipped out whenever we take her anywhere. Alfie is perfect in everyway. Just love on him and dont' worry about those soft velvety ears.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: Well, I don't know much about glueing, but honestly...To me it's like Bully Tails! There isn't a right and a wrong! If you aren't planning on showing and such, and jeeeeez...imagine if we had to have "stuff" glued that others wanted to fix! :ROFL: man...I'd be in a world of hurt!!

Now, on to important things! Alfie is wonderful! Such a wrinkly little face! So happy you found us and please share more pics as he grows into himself!

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
This was Gunny's first day home at 8 weeks. Note the ears:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351775405.826997.jpg

This is him at 14ish weeks.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351775563.307762.jpg

This is Gunny now at 5 months:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351775656.874337.jpg

I think in most cases it resolved it self naturally.

SUMOPUP

Jul 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
This was Gunny's first day home at 8 weeks. Note the ears:
View attachment 29901

This is him at 14ish weeks.
View attachment 29902

This is Gunny now at 5 months:
View attachment 29903

I think in most cases it resolved it self naturally.

Sumo has unconventional ears, but that ends up being what a lot of people say they LOVE about her! It gives her personality, and i think she still looks amazing! i would never glue the ears just for the look. I think he looks PERFECCT the way she is!!! She is almost a year and a half now.

206146_10100810021073651_960318115_n.jpg558437_10100778115592491_253645113_n.jpg

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Oh my!! Look at those wrinkles! He is seriously gonna be a heartbreaker. I think his ears will be just fine, Mac's were like that at first but they've perked up now. Good luck with the attitude that I can already see in his face!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Unless you are showing I would let the ears do their thing. I have yet to see a bully's ears I dont like. (One of my fav features!)

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: hey. :smileywelcome: to ebn Alfie is so adorable I wouldn't glue those cute ears they are so adorable I think it will sort it self out without that glue an what everyone said above if your not going to show that cute baby I wouldn't do it it can hurt tear skin rip hair out good luck in whatever you do your baby is very handsome I love his eyes an ears lol

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
No advise on the ears other then that baby is precious just as is ... oh my goodness the wrinkles I just wanna snuggle all the smushy wrinkles LOL

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
I have no idea what is supposedly wrong with those ears. He is the cutest, just the way he is. As for Sumo, that is exactly right! That what makes them all special. Dogs & Glue do not mix.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.