Venting.... hate when people judge the breed.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I agree, try to get your money back the trainer probably didn't have any experience with EBDs, or at least limited experience. Amber is my first EBD and I can say she can be obessive with her toys, she loves to play with them and get you to play with her. She is full of energy and I have found this breed to be simply amazing. She goes with the flow and fits in with whatever we are doing; she demands that she fits in, she is not going to be left out of the action. I have bought toys that Amber just doesn't care for no matter what I do. She hates the nylon bones but give her an antler and she is going to chew on it until she gets tired. Some people just don't care what they say or how what they say impacts other people. From your post, it does sound like you have a rather good handle on training, we are just getting to roll over with Amber and it is taking some work. Lol; she only relates to belly rubs right now. Good luck.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I am really sorry you have had to go through this. Our Buster is set to graduate his beginner's class on 11/17/12. He is the star of his class and outshines all of the other dogs there. Kind of funny you post this because this last Saturday I had asked in the class about the "leave it" part of the final test and the trainer said that I really don't need to worry about him because he is a Bulldog he will only end up doing one of two things in his life, eatting and sleeping. Of course everyone in the class got a good laugh. I think that most of these trainers, especially the ones that charge such outrageous fees feel as if they know everything and so they act and say the things they do. I have gotten really offended in the past when people say that Bulldogs are dumb and that they are not the smartest dogs around. Of all the dogs I have ever known or had the privilege of having been adopted by, save Pugs, Bulldogs are by far the smartest and are extremely keen to people that don't care for them. Sad that some trainers feel they are so much better then us lowly Bulldog peeps.

Most Reactions

Members online