Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Venting.... hate when people judge the breed.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Venting.... hate when people judge the breed.

Really? Clothes hangers! We can't keep an unbroken one in the house. Too funny, glad to know I'm not alone!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Paisley
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    I used to be Afghan Crazy Too! I had a three legged rescue named Sammy. If you don't think she wasn't a conversation starter...! Incredible dog. She died of old age.
    And I bet Sammy still ran like the wind

Ali, my first (of two) Af's was my heart dog.

Side note (since I've already side tracked the thread!!!) we are thinking of adding to our family, and an Afghan is on the short (very short) list. I'm finding that it's next to impossible to find a puppy! If anyone has a recommendation, please inbox me.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburggirl View Post
    And I bet Sammy still ran like the wind
    That she did @Blitzburggirl. That she did. Awesome dog.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Major
    Likes (Received)

Ppl always get scare of major when I walk him and dont want major near theirs dogs. Well he got bitten twice by my mom chihuahua and my friend teacup yorkie..the story of my sweet lil guy

Real Name
    Veronica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
    Likes (Received)

This reminds me of Halloween night when we took Cleo out with us and people either loved all over her (I'm talking grown men sitting on the ground and just letting her crawl all over them and lick them-seriously, twice!!) or pulled their kids away in a hurry trying to protect them. You know how many times I had to explain 'no, she's not a viscous dog, she always sounds like that'?

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mizinha23 View Post
    I am going to email her tomorrow... Let's see what she will respond back.

Judging a dog based on it's breed is ridiculous. As a trainer...she would never get away with saying to a pitbull owner "your dog will bite". She shouldn't be allowed to judge...you have the same right as any other person there and you deserve the same respect. With that being said........typically, yes......bulldogs are food motivated. When we had Vegas in training class...the instructor was a bulldog owner. When we were trying to put Vegas thru a tunnel....he wouldn't go. Sarah, the instructor, told me the reward wasn't good enough. She told me I had to up the reward to make it worth conquering a fear of his....the tunnel. Sure enough...she goes to the fridge and pulls out a treat that made him jump....thru the tunnel. Again and again and again. In this case..the trainer was right.

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

I agree, try to get your money back the trainer probably didn't have any experience with EBDs, or at least limited experience. Amber is my first EBD and I can say she can be obessive with her toys, she loves to play with them and get you to play with her. She is full of energy and I have found this breed to be simply amazing. She goes with the flow and fits in with whatever we are doing; she demands that she fits in, she is not going to be left out of the action. I have bought toys that Amber just doesn't care for no matter what I do. She hates the nylon bones but give her an antler and she is going to chew on it until she gets tired. Some people just don't care what they say or how what they say impacts other people. From your post, it does sound like you have a rather good handle on training, we are just getting to roll over with Amber and it is taking some work. Lol; she only relates to belly rubs right now. Good luck.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I am really sorry you have had to go through this. Our Buster is set to graduate his beginner's class on 11/17/12. He is the star of his class and outshines all of the other dogs there. Kind of funny you post this because this last Saturday I had asked in the class about the "leave it" part of the final test and the trainer said that I really don't need to worry about him because he is a Bulldog he will only end up doing one of two things in his life, eatting and sleeping. Of course everyone in the class got a good laugh. I think that most of these trainers, especially the ones that charge such outrageous fees feel as if they know everything and so they act and say the things they do. I have gotten really offended in the past when people say that Bulldogs are dumb and that they are not the smartest dogs around. Of all the dogs I have ever known or had the privilege of having been adopted by, save Pugs, Bulldogs are by far the smartest and are extremely keen to people that don't care for them. Sad that some trainers feel they are so much better then us lowly Bulldog peeps.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads