Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Venting.... hate when people judge the breed.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sausage
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Venting.... hate when people judge the breed.

The only obsession going on is us with out bullies!!!
    I love that you showed him up though.
    My boys are playing in Heaven
    Jax on the left Tank on the right

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I would be mad too, how irritating people can be. All pups r different even within the breed. Mine r far from lazy but yes very OCD about things. Lol I would get money back and go somewhere the bullies r stars.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I would look at the fine print and see if you can get your money back ... if you can then go for it and explain exactly why!!

If you can't then maybe ask for a different trainer, one that doesn't already have pre-conceived ideas about what a bulldog is all about!!!!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    I'd ask for my $175 back and tell her why.

DITTO.... ask for a refund due to his/her lack of ability
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)

I am going to email her tomorrow... Let's see what she will respond back.

My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter
    Likes (Received)

Demand your money back, tell her that you can train your dog better than some close minded (insert applicable words here)........then get your money, say, (in your most condescending tone) " bless your heart" and leave

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Bruce is absolutely right. You're the customer. You purchased a product that did not live up to your expectations. Demand a refund and find another class you DO like!

Bea and I did three puppy classes in a row --- just for fun --- when she was a wee pup. I saw them as structured socialization and just fun for us both. She was the worst student in all three classes --- but we had a blast. The experience was a bonding one and I got to learn a LOT about what leadership is --- and isn't!

Screw that woman. Take your business elsewhere. Puppy training classes are supposed to be fun for both you and your pup. That angry energy you're sharing during the class (hey, I'd be po'd too!) isn't benefiting you OR Izzy.

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Devil's advocate here: I cannot hear her tone, but if it's her professional opinion that bulldogs are obsessed about something, maybe she's right and you haven't found it yet. I've also read that as bulldogs get older, it is hard to get them to do things without a treat or some other form of motivation. BTW, is anyone's bulldog obsessed about anything? Mine is over a couple of items, but even still, it only holds Remi's attention for a few minutes.

Regardless, I know I posted a thread recently about how I interacted with a trainer at park who flat out called my dog (all EBs) stupid! And that about fried my bacon. So I have so been there. Plus I still can't believe it. Maybe it's denial, but I still think there is a misunderstanding about the breed: http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...tupid-huh.html

If someone said my dog should be more obsessed and stubborn because a lot of other bulldogs are, I wouldn't necessarily feel mad about that. I think there is a fine line between being oversensitive about our babies (Guilty as charged) and not being able to handle any criticism about them. There are pros and cons of all dogs, and it's nice to be aware of what could be instilled in ours from pure genetics. It doesn't necessarily mean they will be that way, but only just meeting your puppy, the trainer has to go on book knowledge and not experience.

(UNLESS SOMEONE CALLS MY BABY STUPID. Rawr!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I think we all get tired of the negative before the positive when it comes to training our bullies. Else it's like, why did you take my money if you are telling me you can't train my dog????

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

I'd get my money back too! My Otis is one of the smartest dog's I have EVER known. Just a little stubborn is all but a quality I love about him. Adds to his character.
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Bulldog(s) Names
    Paisley
    Likes (Received)

My boyfriend bought a puppy (beautiful, annoying, crazy German Shepherd) in March. He and Murphy ( the 85 pound puppy!!!) go to class at least once a week, and he's still nuts!!! He likes to play fetch, knows some cool tricks, but.... Freakin nuts!!! I'll take my lazy dog, who knows what lots of human sentences mean, any day. A trainer needs to capitalize on the strengths if she/he is going to judge. Find a new trainer. This one is clueless and not creative.

This coming from the girl that had afghans prior to her bulldog. Talk about hard headed!!! They didn't even care about food!!! And our trainer was a shepherd trainer who treated them with respect. The result was two agility super models. Your bully deserves better.

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I agree with BruceP

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburggirl View Post
    My boyfriend bought a puppy (beautiful, annoying, crazy German Shepherd) in March. He and Murphy ( the 85 pound puppy!!!) go to class at least once a week, and he's still nuts!!! He likes to play fetch, knows some cool tricks, but.... Freakin nuts!!! I'll take my lazy dog, who knows what lots of human sentences mean, any day. A trainer needs to capitalize on the strengths if she/he is going to judge. Find a new trainer. This one is clueless and not creative.

This coming from the girl that had afghans prior to her bulldog. Talk about hard headed!!! They didn't even care about food!!! And our trainer was a shepherd trainer who treated them with respect. The result was two agility super models. Your bully deserves better.
    I used to be Afghan Crazy Too! I had a three legged rescue named Sammy. If you don't think she wasn't a conversation starter...! Incredible dog. She died of old age.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads