Hi! Pups and I are new here with a question

Adorabull

Oct 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka truck and new puppy
Hi everyone! I posted a full introduction on the intro page. Long story short ... I own a 16 week old pup named Tonka Truck. He has been so easy to potty train. Also already know several commands like sit and stay. I knew I want a playmate for him one day but was waiting to get him potty trained. The perfect pup came along and I said why not lol. Tonka is potty trained already. So Friday I am picking up a little girl:). I am so excited but also nervous. Should I keep them together so new puppy will pick up on Tonka potty habits or will new puppy mess up Tonka in his potty training? I just don't want him to regress because he hasn't had an accident in the house in over 2 months. Any advise on raising 2 pups together is appreciated! I am a stay at home mom so I am with my pup all the time.
IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_4143.jpg

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Hi!
That is awesome you're getting 2.... I have litter mates and they are both 1 yr 5 months now. It was very hard and a lot of work having puppies at the same time, but totally worth it. We work full time, but we staggered our shifts so that the dogs were never crated longer than they could handle. We just did everything in tandem. For potty training, we set the alarm during the night and brought them outside every 2 hours, then every 3, then every 4,etc. yes we were super sleep deprived but I can say with 100% certainty that these dogs are housebroken. I trust them absolutely. Just keep an eye on them and you will know their signals.
They are the best of friends and I have never regretted having two. They get into trouble together, but they are so funny.

They went to puppy school, and an invaluable suggestion was to make sure to separate them from time to time. This was very hard for me, i.e. walk them separately or take one for a car ride and leave the other at home. Thank goodness my BF was strong enough and calm enough to practice this, because when my boy was 10 months he had to have luxating patella surgery. Layla wasn't happy but since she had been apart from Wilbur before, this was much less stressful for her, and for him. For 2 months we had to keep them separated (to prevent rough play etc) until Wilbur was strong enough.....he was baby - gated and confined in another room. So it was good this wasn't their first time being physically separated.

Good luck and keep us posted!!!!! :D

OP
A

Adorabull

Oct 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you momma2bullies! Glad to hear you don't regret having two. I am up for the challenge because I know it will be worth all the work.
I also will keep that in mind about separating them some just in case one day they have to be apart.

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
It is so worth it!!! In fact, I would be up for another... hee hee (BF says no but I am working on it!!! ) ;)

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Congrats and best of luck - I have one 9mo old "Otis" so I can't offer any advice but I would love to have another....enjoy them!

OP
A

Adorabull

Oct 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks LynnA:)
Everyone's bullies here are so adorable! I just love this breed!

Tank1023

Oct 16, 2012
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Sausage
I can't help on the puppy advice, I rescued Jax when Tank was 4 and Jax 2. They did become awesome buddies all the way till the end. I loved having two bullies, they were so funny together. Was hard to walk them anywhere, people were always stopping us.
I now have one 4 month pup, would love to have another for him but my step children have a miniature schnauzer and two is enough for now.

good luck with the training, can't wait to see more pictures!

OP
A

Adorabull

Oct 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
I hope mine become best of friends. I am a pictureholic so I will post more pics soon;)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I have no help with bully babies but my gosh you are going to have a piece of heaven right there living with you, how awesome to have 2 amazing little babies!

OP
A

Adorabull

Oct 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Aww thank you Cali~Jenny! I am really lucky... As a child my mom and dad could never afford me an English bulldog . I wanted one my whole life so when I got married I saved $ and purchased one. She is now my angel as she is I heaven. I was ready for another one and now I got 2!! I am just in heaven and feel so blessed. This breed is not a dog breed they are little humans.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
my babies are very close in age, Molly born in April and Diesel born in June so they grew up together also, I 100% agree to do things one on one so the pups are use to being separated it's good for them not to be so dependent on each other ... as for the potty training I would just set the schedule and take both out at the same time the more consistent you are the easier the training will be, once they get use to the schedule and know what is expected of them they will just settle right in! congrats on the babies and good luck, it's gonna be an awesome time!

OP
A

Adorabull

Oct 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
My two will be 2 months apart too! Great to hear from some people that has been through it with 2 pups. Eases my mind a lot!

OP
A

Adorabull

Oct 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
IMG_8386.jpg

here is another pic of Tonka

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Oh my, your pups are just too cute. Training two can be as easy as training one. Watch their play time as they still need plenty of rest. When they start getting too rough with each other stop their play and give them a rest period. As others have said take them out together and they will learn what they need to do. Sometimes if they play too much outside and will not go potty, you may have to separate them for them to focus, but you can play that by ear. Have separate crates for each so they can have their own space. Good luck and enjoy your precious pups.

OP
A

Adorabull

Oct 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you Davidh. Tonka doesn't have a crate i am using a Play yard (the one that turns into an octogon) with bed on one side and puppy pads on the other. I was wondering if I needed 2 play yards or both in one. They are so big but I might can make room for 2 of them.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online