Bulldog Hygiene ( daily cleaning)

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Palm Beach County Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Hello everyone. I clean Buddy every morning. His face wrinkles. tail pocket and brush him and I have been using this Mal acetic for this as well as his ears but each morning when he knows its that time he will cower over in the corner . When I used baby wipes. he didn't seem to mind. I swear he actually seemed to like it but not with this Malacetic.. I know this is used for Yeast problems mostly and I looked and there is no alcohol in it. It is boric acid 2 percent and acetic acid 2 percent but it sure smells like appleish vineger to me.. After I clean his face folds and or ears with this stuff. He barks a few times and runs around like it is stinging him or something. He will do dives on the sofa or floor for a few mins. I do not want to hurt him but he acts like is hurts. I used to use baby wipes and even went out and bought some witch hazel pads but I am just wondering if this is hurting him in any way? Or is there an alternative as well. It is $22.00 a 16oz bottle plus shipping. Thanks everyone. Hero

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
My dogs don't like the smell of that stuff either and Bo will wipe his face on the couch or curtains or whatever when I've tried to use it on his tear stains. Bea really doesn't like the smell and will cower from it (which just makes me sad).

For daily face and wrinkle cleaning, I use a Huggies brand "One and Done" baby wipe in Cucumber/Aloe. They smell good! I figure if it's good enough for a baby's butt, it's good enough for the Dynamic Duo.

When doing maintenance things like this, I also share VERY positive energy -- and praise! --- with them during the activity. The long term benefit of this is that even though they don't like getting wiped down (AT ALL), they will follow me into the laundry room (where the three baskets of Bulldog Accoutrements are) and sit still while having it done. Bea does NOT enjoy having her VERY DEEP tail pocket cleaned daily (using Duoxo pads) and she will sit still for that activity as well.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: Franklin used to scream when I used ACV on his yeast infection so I know it burns but after the first day it didn't hurt that bad but I'm sure that other stuff stings to it only stings for a couple of mins though

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Same here. I use Malacetic and I have to chase them around. I had a paper cut so I felt I and yes it stung a Little but nothing major. But when I read the canister that it is used for perineum, it can't be that strong. But I alternate with baby wipes for daily, and then use Malacetic every other day. But they carry on and run and rub.... Maybe it is the smell more than anything?

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=5372]hero4u[/MENTION] - you might think of using them only once a week and the other 6 days use the wipes he doesn't mind ... with my babies I use Doctors Foster & Smith brand EYEClens pads, EARClens pads & DENTALClens pads on a daily bases then for the body I use Top Paw Wipes but once a week I pull out the Mal-A-Ket Wipes and use those for folds and tail pocket for Diesel lucky for Molly she doesn't have a deep tail pocket so a swipe with the body wipe on the booty and she is good to go.

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
Yes I also feel that if something is good enough for a baby then it should be ok for Geno.

Members online

No members online now.