Question regarding size / weight

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
So I'm curious, I had duchess at the vet last Wednesday for her yeast infection, she is doing much better now! Doc gave her some preventative ear drops and said just keep doing what I was doing as the yeast was subsiding. Thanks for all the suggestions on her yeast infection. Other than that she checked out with perfect health! She is currently 7.5months old and weighed 43.5lbs. Doc said she has a very thick stout structure and can handle 50 - 55lbs, but he wants me to try to keep her at 50lbs. I know bulldogs grow until about 2 years. When did you guys notice the drastic jumps in size stopped? She is raw fed but I'm thinking to keep her at that weight I'll have to scale her food back a bit. What do you guys think?

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I notices Amber slowing down just a bit at about 9 months. She is almost a year old now and I can see her shoulders starting to get wider but her weight is staying in about the same range. She was spayed this week and she weighted in at 51.8 pounds. Her head is getting a little larger too but the drastic weight increases have slowed way down. I don't think she will get much bigger other than her head and shoulders getting a little larger. She is all muscle and full of energy, lots of energy. good luck.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Bullies slow down on their growing at around age 1. You should not easily feel their ribs nor see them, but they should have a waist that you can see.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.