How did you choose your Baby's name or names?

dextersgranny

Aug 15, 2012
South Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
We got Dexter at 8 wks he was already named by the breeder. We could change it if we wanted to. My son decided the name fit him well, so he remained Dexter (registered name Just Dexter). I also liked it because it had a "x" in it. My lab mix is Bronx after the character in Gargoyles and prior to that I had a JRT named Jaxxon. Love those "x's"...lol

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
Gunny was named because my better half was a Marine. There wasn't really ever a choice. :). I picked his middle name of Beaufort, because he just reminded me (especially on his white side of his face) of one of those heavy southern gentleman with big jowls sitting on their front porch with a white linen suit. The breeder had named all three males in the litter Deniro, Brando and Pacino. Gunny was originally Brando. His full AKC name is Gunny Beaufort the Cajun King.

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Herschel had the name when I adopted him. I was lucky enough to meet the people that were surrendering him and yes, he was named for Herschel Walker the football player since he was one of the most famous (Heisman Trophy winner) from University of Georgia (Mascot is UGA the Bulldog). Funniest part was that he was born in Alabama and the people were huge Alabama fans. I have not given him a middle name, but my mother (Herschel's gramma) is after me to give him one!

Last edited:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I used to watch the stockchange before going to work each morning and I told my hubby about 3 years before I got a bully that if I am ever so lucky as to get one I was going to call it Ftse as in FTSE100 on the British stock exchange so here we now have Ftse.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I didn't get to chose her name persay Roger who is 28 has wanted an EB since he was 12 n always said it would be named Porkchop girl or boy lol so when he could finally support one financially he started looking found her in a want add book said ohhhhhhhhhhh I found my Porkchop!!!!! N well 6 months later she looks like a Porkchop if we get another one I think we will call him/her Tbone lol!!!!! Ifffff we had registerred her she would have been princess Porkchop Letendre :)!!!! I like this question its cute!!

Adorabull

Oct 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka truck and new puppy
Funny but true.... I named Tonka Truck bc I have 3 girl skin kids. I spoke for a girl pup but was not first to put deposit down. Well the momma dog only had 2 pups one girl one boy so the girl was taken. I couldn't resist his photos and settled for the boy. I went absolutely crazy buying boy toys ( having 3 girl skin kids I never got to buy boy toys before). I had to have him ever boy toy imaginable even a Tonka Truck;).

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I didn't get to chose her name persay Roger who is 28 has wanted an EB since he was 12 n always said it would be named Porkchop girl or boy lol so when he could finally support one financially he started looking found her in a want add book said ohhhhhhhhhhh I found my Porkchop!!!!! N well 6 months later she looks like a Porkchop if we get another one I think we will call him/her Tbone lol!!!!! Ifffff we had registerred her she would have been princess Porkchop Letendre :)!!!! I like this question its cute!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They are all named after my B/F's fav sports guys....

Nitschke = Ray Nitschke from the Green Bay Packers
Banks = Ernie Banks from the Chicago Cubs
Chelios = Chris Chelios from the Chicago Blackhawks

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
From the moment I knew I wanted an EB I knew he would have to have an English name. My favorite English name is ā€œIanā€ but I already call my car that name so I needed another. I ran down a list and finally decided on ā€œNigelā€ but he would need a middle and last name too. Heā€™s awesome remember? I chose ā€œSinclairā€ because I thought it had a nice British ring to it. Then in 2005 a show premiered called ā€œPrison Breakā€ and the star was Wentworth Miller. I loved him and the show and decided to name my bully after him. I held onto that name for 5 years. I canā€™t help but smile at the fact that I had my bullyā€™s name way before I had my bully! People always get surprised when I tell them his full name but I donā€™t mind because I know what it means to me and it fits him perfectly.

Our female is named Karly Isabella Sinclair - she belongs to my son and he named her after a fave singer of his named Karly. I added the Isabella and Sinclair so her initials could be KIS because she has a heart on her neck area. She's my kissypoo!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank came prenamed. Stella (who is a frenchie) was named after the children's book about a bat called "Stellaluna" ;)

And our past bullies were Bre and Captain Jack. Bre was prenamed. Jack however had a series of previous owners and previous names that just weren't cool enough for him (he was once DOG and once Cuddles) so we gave the poor guy a cool name. LOL

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.