Mac has a bad habit I can't break!

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
So Mac has this horrible little habit of peeing on on anything soft n fluffy that he can sleep on. It all started the day we picked him up from the breeder with Cleo along for the ride. He was 4.5 months old and slept in my lap in the doggy bed on the ride home. We needed to fit him for his harness so we stopped by Petsmart on our way back to the island (we just moved from Whidbey Island and I always thought it was a pain in the tush to get out to civilization so I rarely left it) Well he saw that Cleo was walking on the leash and he wanted to as well. He cried and fussed and put up an awful fight until he finally peed in the bed he was in the shopping cart. Well that sure got him out of the cart and on the floor real quick! Now that's his go to way of getting out of his crate or whatever I'm making him do. So it's getting colder here in North Chicago and I can't even put a blanket in his crate for him to sleep with. I just don't understand why he'd do that to his bed!

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
Gunny gets no bed, blanket, towel, anything in his crate. If it is in there. He pees on it. Will not pee if his crate is empty. Every month or so, I give it a shot and see if he can manage it. So far, it's a no go. I think it is an age thing. Seems to be a running theme around here.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Many have this problem and yes, take away the bedding. Sad tho when you worry bout hem being warm and snuggly. Mine sleep with me so we don have that problem thankfully.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Mine don't pee on their bedding, but they eat them , so no blankets or pillows for them. They sleep on the plastic tray when crated, but have pillows to sleep on when we are home and can be supervised, otherwise they would chew and ter apart their pillows.

Deanna1489

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
Our Otis did this until we got him fixed. He has only had a few accidents since then. He would pee on rugs, doggie beds, clothing, etc. It just about drove us crazy. I truly believe he was marking.

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
I think is a boy puppy thing. Matilda had some issues with this but we found out she had a bladder infection :nope: You could get him tested for one, but there very uncommon with males.

He's probably just marking his space. Definitely follow the advice of everyone else and don't give him any bedding. Which I know is sad. But it is unsanitary for him to sleep in pee-ridden bedding, so you don't have much of a choice.

If he gets cold, you could always get him a sweater :D

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Daddy would do that ............ and the only thing that stopped him was to take away all his bedding. He just didn't seem to mind that he was sleeping on his own urine soaked bedding!!! :bigeyes: I put this down to him being a puppy mill rescue and so he was never taught that this was unacceptable behaviour. But he continued to do it after he was neutered, and really only stopped when he was 18 months old. I found this out because occasionally I would try him with bedding and it was around that time that I was taking it back out of the crate and it was still dry!!

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Trust me, he'd find a way to aim his weenie and pee on the sweater too! He never gets anything in his crate but that doesn't stop him if I forget to put Cleo's bed up in the morning or if a blanket gets left on the floor. I can't even have a rug on the floor! He'll pee on it and then lay down in it. I think he likes the warmth of his own urine?

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
I don't think it's marking at all. He doesn't even care to mark Cleo's pee spots and he's never lifted his leg. He still pee's like a baby. He was fixed at 6 months when he had his severe entropian fixed.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.