Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Where will you guys keep your bulldogs?
Are they there with you, greeting the trick-or-treaters? I'm a little concerned b/c I know Finn and Tate will be very excited and bark at everyone that knocks on our door. I'm considering just putting them in their crates in the living room so they can at least see what's going on, OR, putting them in a back room. I want them to be a part of the whole Halloween experience tho so i'm leaning towards the first option more. I definitely cannot have them loose and roaming b/c they will run after the kiddies and scare them and steal their candy and that would not be a good thing :nope:

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Can you take the screen/glass out of your storm door? Then you can keep the dogs with you and give candy through the open window if you're nervous about the meet and greet. Meet kids as they are coming up, so they don't have to knock. Personally Remi couldn't handle it; he'd be super excited and I wouldn't be able to hand out candy and coral him at the same time.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Molly gets over excited and wants to jump on everyone and some of the costumes scare her so I keep the door wide open so the kids don't knock and put a baby gate in the doorway so that she and Diesel are safely inside the house but still a part of whats going on.

Scout 775

Oct 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle Star & Bonnie
Belle is a service EBD. So she has been exposed to scary looking people. It's still hard at times to get her to concentrate on her job, ( alerting when I'm close to an attact .) when there is so much excitement. My trainer always tells me to be calm. She picks up on my feelings. So the calmer I am, the calmer she is. I can't be away from her, so she will be by my side. She did great last weekend at a drunken Halloween Party.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
After my recent incidences with Wilson and his excitement aggression, I will more than likely crate him and Emma. I also block one part of the house off with a baby gate and the other part that's wider with a long piece of plastic lattice that I got at Home Depot. I cut it in half length wise and it's a perfect barrier. Last year Wilson and Jack settled down after the first few door bell rings. I'll have a spray bottle handy too if I decide to keep them all out and I'll sit in the living room with my iPad. :) More likely they'll be crated though.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: that's a good idea to put the baby gate up at the door so when you open it for the kids they can't get out I never thought of that cool they cancelled trick-or-treat here because of the storm so maybe next year

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
[MENTION=5480]loveabully[/MENTION] - I use the te baby gates between the walls and block off my entire living room. But I like your idea too. :)

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Last year I put of a baby gate so that Penny could check everything out, but not get to the action. She did great until her favorite neighbor brought her bully down dressed as a shark & she hurdled the great. I put her little Halloween bandana on her & she enjoys the excitement. We'll see if we have trick-or-treat or not this year with Sandy

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I don't have a screen door but I do like the idea of the baby gate. Gives me a way to pass out candy freely, yet the boys will still be separated from the kids. I'll test it out tonight.:halloween9:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maybe you could crate one of them and just have the other out and rotate it. That way they experience Halloween but it might be easier to control them.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
We sit outside in our garage and pass out candy that way. Oliver is a therapy dog and very calm so he always gets to be outside with the trick or treaters (on his leash though, he'd try to go home with all the cute girls). Sebastian stayed outside for a little while last year but then got too excited and I had to put him in the house. I'm thinking Remy is going to have to stay in the house too. I'm going to try him outside for a little while but he's still so hyper. Luckily, this will be the first year that Ron will be home to hand out candy with me so he can hang onto the leashes. We have a ton of trick or treaters that last till the last minute so we're out there for the whole two hours (unless I run out of candy first, which no matter how much I buy, usually happens).

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.