Should I wet my kibble to keep it off the floor?

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Palm Beach County Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Hello everyone. I mentioned to my vets tech the other day that Buddy leaves so much kibble around on the floors of the place that I am constantly picking it up and she said they wet there kibble to keep that from happening. I feed Fromms surf and turf and just wondering if that is what anyone else does? Thanks

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I have 2 English Bulldog puppies, they are 8 months old, and I feed them Fromms Beef Fritata, I always add warm water to their kibble, because they tend to eat so fast, and inhale the food rather than really chew it, so I figure this softens it a little, plus they get extra water.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I mix Bea and Bo's Earthborne Holistic Great Plains feast kibble with super hot water and a heaping tablespoon of a good canned food. (Wellness 95% Beef at the moment) It makes a nice, warm gravy. It keeps most of it in the bowl too. It also softens the food because Bo is kind of a gulper (he's much better than when he was a pup). I watched Bo almost choke to death on dry kibble once and it scared the crap out of me.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We add yogurt and a bit of water to HRH's Beef Frittata. It helps somewhat to keep it off the floor but then she drips white liquid that is stuck in her flubbers.. LOL Can't win.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have never added water, but I also have never found even one morsel of food left behind, he takes his big bully head and moves his bowl until every last bite has been eaten.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I add Honest Kitchen (Embark or Force) to kibble and mix it all together so it's all coated but like others have said mine don't leave anything behind LOL Molly has been known to push her dish all over the kitchen making sure all sides of the dish have been properly cleaned then she will check Diesel's dish to make sure his is cleaned properly too!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I have never tried it, but it may work. Buddy is the only one that will leave some behind. The girls scarf up every bit of their food. Plus they will clean up any Buddy has left behind.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hmm: I bet it would work...sadly, not only does Jake NOT leave a crumb, he then stands guard on Dena Dogs dish as she eats...and anything that lands outside is FAIR GAME!!!! :cursing:

OP
H

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Palm Beach County Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Interesting. I might try it. He goes back and gets some but I am constantly stepping on little kibbles or picking them up. Thanks everyone.

Members online

No members online now.