Do people ask you how much you paid for your bully?

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
This is another thing I got a lot - with two white bulldogs, one significantly larger than the other - "are they mother and baby?" Um, they both have penises. And weird they always thought Linus was Bentley's mom.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
I think its very rude... We were in home depot waiting to check out and this lady behind us asked how much we paid for him, i told her we "got a good deal" she then kept askin well how much like 3 or 4 more times. I just ignored her and she was being very pressistant w it i said again we got a good deal and turned around. I asked jeff for the keys and just walked out, when jeff got in the car he told me she had asked again!!! Now if people are intrested i'll tell them who i got him from and give them a price range.
You dont see me goin up to people askin so how much was your boob job lol

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION], I have told some that we sold a car to get him. In reality my husband sold his "play" car to get the newer model and we did use a portion for Bear, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
I usually say... cheaper if you rescue one... that's how I got him (pointing to Norm). Then I add... no matter how you get one they cost alot of money and they take alot of time!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I do think it's rude, it's not anyone's business, especially a stranger's. I usaully just say something like... "oh it wasn't too bad". This question makes me nervous, I'm always thinking someone will try to kidnap them if they think they're worth a lot of $$.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I do think it's rude, it's not anyone's business, especially a stranger's. I usaully just say something like... "oh it wasn't too bad". This question makes me nervous, I'm always thinking someone will try to kidnap them if they think they're worth a lot of $$.

I completely agree about being kidnapped, I told my husband if we ever got broke into they would most certainly steal Vegas IF they knew what he was worth, then I said, but the good thing is they would bring him back and leave him at the door with a " NO THANK YOU" note attached after they figured out how much care is involved in keeping him, LMAO!!! :D

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Maybe you could reply: "We obviously paid more than you did for that boob job" ROFL

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Well, I think most dog lovers know that Bulldogs are not cheap. I myself was shocked when I was shopping around for a Bulldog, considering you can get most breeds for under Five Hundred Dollars. When I tell people what I paid for "Maximus" their mouth drops to the ground! But I have seen Bulldogs that were alot more expensive than what I paid for Maximus. I'm rather flattered, because I think most people know just by looking at Maximus that he is a quality dog and he just looks expensive ! LOL.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.