Does anyone else have a bulldog that thinks it's a lapdog?

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
So Cleo has always been very independent, never really cared to be held or cuddled. Don't get me wrong! She loves to lay at your feet or on the same couch as you but just not a cuddly dog and I always wished she would be more cuddly with me. Well Mac is a whole other story, you cannot sit on the couch or anywhere really without him completely laying all over you. His head needs to be nestled in the crook of your neck so that he can smell you as he's sleeping. He's such a mama's boy but sometimes it can be quite annoying like when I'm trying to use the computer or cuddle one of my kids. And forget Cleo getting any kind of attention! If she even comes near to be petted he'll literally walk over her and onto me. I guess I got what I asked for when I told my hubby that I wished I had a bully that would be more cuddly, huh?

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Aubie knows she is a lap dog. She loves to walk all over you and sleep on your lap (or at least right next to you). In the bed she sleeps right as close to me as possible, usually partially laying on me. I've woke up to her plopping down on my back in the morning when I was sleeping. She also loves to lay on my head, lol.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
sounds just like my Nigel and Karly - if I'm sitting indian style on my bed and Nigel is up on the bed he'll come and sit in my lap. If I'm giving Karly attention he'll bull doze his way in and push her out of the way. They're both so lovable in their own ways. Karly is more of a cuddler I think.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
sarah is like cleo not a really cuddly dog for sure. she to lays at my feet and gets on the couch with me and is content to lay beside me to. well she does however love to try to get in my lap and get rubbed. in that way she is a lap dog and she will push the boys out of the way to get to me. :yes:

Tank1023

Oct 16, 2012
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Sausage
Nope sausage doesn't think he's a lap dog

image.jpg

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
All 3 of my pups r smugglers.in fact I took a nap on the couch and the second I got the blanket almost nome Cutty and mugsy claimed their spots. I hadn't even gotten comfy yet, which means I never did. Lol

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Tate, all 65 lbs of him, loves sleeping on my lap when we're on the sofa together (like right now). I enjoy his snuggles very much. I'll even refrain from going to the bathroom b/c i don't want to disturb him!

Finn loves to snuggle w/me when we sleep in bed at night. He puts his face as close into my neck as possible. I love my boys and their snuggly-ness!!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Diesel is my independent baby, he will lay at my feet when I'm sitting in my chair but doesn't want to be held at all he gets all stiff and rigid when you pick him up, he will once in awhile sleep up on the bed with me but not very often (when he does sleep in the bed he presses his butt right against my side as close as he can get) he prefers to lay in his little bed that is right next to my bed but he does have a bedtime routine LOL he likes to jump up on the bed and get hugs and he will give kisses (the only time he shares kisses) then when he is done he jumps off the bed and climbs into his own bed.

Molly is my snuggle bug baby, she sits in my chair with me every single time I sit down and she snuggles right next to me every night in bed, sometimes she uses me as a pillow LOL

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Both of my outlaws are lap dogs and they both want to be on me at the same time and it's 24/7 but it's ok I love them both.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: the only time franklin wants to be on me is when grace or my husband is paying attention to me when we are in the car he has to sit on me with his paws an head on my shoulder like a little baby an when were in bed he lays on my pillow to sleep an grace is in the middle of my husband an I until I make her move then she sleeps in the crook of my legs

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
This is my pup Meeko bein a loveable lapdog :) !! (hope i uploaded the pics right!!) xx

Attachments

• 20121028_121411.jpg
    20121028_121411.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 20121028_121431.jpg
    20121028_121431.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 99

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.