How often do you bathe your Bulldog, and what kind of shampoo do you use?

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
I live in Miami quite warm temp, 1 to 2x a week, daily wipe down. He gets very stinky! We got to the park almost 4x a week early am, sometimes early eve. Too, daily afternoon walks and visit his gf once a week( our neighbors female boxer) we give them some private time lol.

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
Jenna gets a bath probably every 2 weeks...I use either a oatmeal shampoos from the vet or Johnsons Baby bath...I use the no tear baby bath on her face always...actually the Johnson's seems to keep her feeling cleaner than the dog shampoo....I do wipe her eyes, nose rope & tail pocket every other day...she also gets a wipe down with a towel after walks when she wet

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Moe gets a bath weekly because he starts getting smelly after a week. We use Earthborn Tea Tree Oil & Aloe, or John Paul's Tea Tree Oil shampoo. I like the smell of Tea Tree Oil, plus it is suppose to be good for their skin.

Moe loves his baths... I just say the word "bath" and he runs upstairs to the bathtub.

Adorabull

Oct 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka truck and new puppy
I use baby shampoo... About every 3 weeks but clean his rope and wrinkles daily with sensitive baby wipes.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I would say that we average bath-time about once every 3-4 weeks. I rotate them if I can ... bathing half of my dogs every 2 weeks unless one of them is extra smelly!!

I find that Linus seems to need bathing more because he is always running around like a crazy thing, and just seems to get more dirty and smelly than the rest even though I know dogs can't sweat!! Bella needs a bath more often lately bcause I switched from Fromm Beef Frittata to the Fromm salmon and it's either the salmon or the grains ... not sure which but something definitely disagreed with her and she is just so stinky right now!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
OOpppss and I forgot to say that I use the Johnsons Baby shampoo on their whole body, except the face and for that I use Spa Blueberry Vanilla wash for wrinkles that you can get at Carolina Pet Pantry.

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
Forgot to say, I used oatmeal shampoo, Johnson's baby shampoo fir his face and a prescription shampoo from his vet.

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Oatmeal or whitening shampoo every two weeks. Mila is a little piggy in bulldogs clothing so she sometimes gets a bath in between. Tyler (rip) used to do the dead manwalking head down thing when we said bath. Then he would jump into the tub.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola gets a bath about twice a week because her tail is usually a mess and she needs it! I use the plum shampoo cant remember the brand right off hand but it is wonderful and has silk proteins in it.

M

mabel lou

I bathe about every month and half and I do the daily cleaning every day to face, wrinkles, and ear check and I wipe her bottom daily. She is not to crazy about it lol. But then again she don't like any of it. I also use Linatone plus in her food daily which is a skin and coat revitalizer. Love it and it really helps. I have used it forever on all of my dogs. It makes such a big big difference for them as far as skin and coat. You just put a little in the food and mix it. My moms dog didn't like it but my dogs have always had it. Mabel doesn't seem to mind it either. They also have one called Linatone for shed relief and that stuff is amazing. Both of these help in the aid of skin and shedding. Big difference on the shedding, but they still do shed some just nothing near what they did. Both help in the aid of skin and hair. Essential fatty acid supplements.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They are bathed only as needed.... and we use oatmeal shampoo

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
Do you blow-dry after a bath or just let them air dry?

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I let her air dry inless its really cold outside or snowing then I blow dry so she doesnt go out with wet hair and get sick.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.