Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How often do you bathe your Bulldog, and what kind of shampoo do you use?

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How often do you bathe your Bulldog, and what kind of shampoo do you use?

Lola gets a bath about twice a week because her tail is usually a mess and she needs it! I use the plum shampoo cant remember the brand right off hand but it is wonderful and has silk proteins in it.

mabel lou

Default Re: How often do you bathe your Bulldog, and what kind of shampoo do you use?

I bathe about every month and half and I do the daily cleaning every day to face, wrinkles, and ear check and I wipe her bottom daily. She is not to crazy about it lol. But then again she don't like any of it. I also use Linatone plus in her food daily which is a skin and coat revitalizer. Love it and it really helps. I have used it forever on all of my dogs. It makes such a big big difference for them as far as skin and coat. You just put a little in the food and mix it. My moms dog didn't like it but my dogs have always had it. Mabel doesn't seem to mind it either. They also have one called Linatone for shed relief and that stuff is amazing. Both of these help in the aid of skin and shedding. Big difference on the shedding, but they still do shed some just nothing near what they did. Both help in the aid of skin and hair. Essential fatty acid supplements.

mabel lou

Ooops forgot to say that both go in the dogs food.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

They are bathed only as needed.... and we use oatmeal shampoo
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Petunia aka "Tuni"
    Likes (Received)

Do you blow-dry after a bath or just let them air dry?

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

I let her air dry inless its really cold outside or snowing then I blow dry so she doesnt go out with wet hair and get sick.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I don't blow dry, but I do dry them really well with a towel. I put one towel on the floor, and place them on there and then use a second towel to dry them. I dry their head, faces, and ears really well first, then keep rubbing them until they are damp. Sometimes, I need a second towel if it gets really wet. They seem to like it, it's kind of like a massage. I went to Walmart and bought 3 baby blue towels and 2 face cloths for Bulldozer, and I bought 3 pink towels, and 2 face cloths for Blossom, the towels were $3 .99 and the face cloths were $1.99 each. They aren't expensive , and I have a set for each of them, and I just wash them each time I use them. It dries them pretty good, just leaves them a little damp. I would be afraid of burning their skin with the hair dryer, since bully fur is so short, their skin is so close to the surface. Plus the noise might scare them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads