Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How often do you bathe your Bulldog, and what kind of shampoo do you use?

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How often do you bathe your Bulldog, and what kind of shampoo do you use?

after answering I've been reading what everyone else does with their babies and I think I may be just a little over the top obsessive on bath day :-/

not only do they get their Spa Day but I wipe folds daily, use pet wipes for all over their body at least every other day, give a between bath spritz a few times a week, clean ears weekly, brush teeth weekly also Diesel's tail pocket gets regular attention or he will sit up and kinda wiggle on his butt.

Yep Yep I do believe I need to take a chill pill for the sake of my poor little babies LOL
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How often do you bathe your Bulldog, and what kind of shampoo do you use?

My vet says once every couple weeks with an antifungal shampoo as a preventative is good. He bullies tend to have a build up of bad bacteria on their skin and this is why they have so many skin issues.

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member cbh142's Avatar
    Real Name
    Colleen
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Geno
    Likes (Received)

I use baby shampoo and bathe one every two or three weeks.

Bulldog(s) Names
    philly
    Likes (Received)

I live in Miami quite warm temp, 1 to 2x a week, daily wipe down. He gets very stinky! We got to the park almost 4x a week early am, sometimes early eve. Too, daily afternoon walks and visit his gf once a week( our neighbors female boxer) we give them some private time lol.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Jenna
    Likes (Received)

Jenna gets a bath probably every 2 weeks...I use either a oatmeal shampoos from the vet or Johnsons Baby bath...I use the no tear baby bath on her face always...actually the Johnson's seems to keep her feeling cleaner than the dog shampoo....I do wipe her eyes, nose rope & tail pocket every other day...she also gets a wipe down with a towel after walks when she wet

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moses
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Moe gets a bath weekly because he starts getting smelly after a week. We use Earthborn Tea Tree Oil & Aloe, or John Paul's Tea Tree Oil shampoo. I like the smell of Tea Tree Oil, plus it is suppose to be good for their skin.

Moe loves his baths... I just say the word "bath" and he runs upstairs to the bathtub.

Potty Trainer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka truck and new puppy
    Likes (Received)

I use baby shampoo... About every 3 weeks but clean his rope and wrinkles daily with sensitive baby wipes.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Spunkysmom2012 View Post
    Not 1-3 xs a week but a month lol

Phew ..... cos I read it and I thought to myself ...

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I would say that we average bath-time about once every 3-4 weeks. I rotate them if I can ... bathing half of my dogs every 2 weeks unless one of them is extra smelly!!

I find that Linus seems to need bathing more because he is always running around like a crazy thing, and just seems to get more dirty and smelly than the rest even though I know dogs can't sweat!! Bella needs a bath more often lately bcause I switched from Fromm Beef Frittata to the Fromm salmon and it's either the salmon or the grains ... not sure which but something definitely disagreed with her and she is just so stinky right now!!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

OOpppss and I forgot to say that I use the Johnsons Baby shampoo on their whole body, except the face and for that I use Spa Blueberry Vanilla wash for wrinkles that you can get at Carolina Pet Pantry.

Bulldog(s) Names
    philly
    Likes (Received)

Forgot to say, I used oatmeal shampoo, Johnson's baby shampoo fir his face and a prescription shampoo from his vet.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rudy and Mila
    Likes (Received)

Oatmeal or whitening shampoo every two weeks. Mila is a little piggy in bulldogs clothing so she sometimes gets a bath in between. Tyler (rip) used to do the dead manwalking head down thing when we said bath. Then he would jump into the tub.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads