Tree Question

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I know this is a little preemptive, being that it's not even Halloween, but I just signed up for Secret Santa and it got me thinking. How do everyone's bullies react to Christmas trees, and do they have allergies to real trees that anyone has found? Last year we had a real tree with a train running around it and a fake tree. Obviously the train is out of the question as it will definitely be attacked by Mr. Bacon, but I was curious whether or not I would be able to put up a real tree again.
:halloween10::halloween9::carveturkey::thanks6::christmas30::christmas32::snowballfight:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wilson stole presents from the tree last year - he took off the bows and ribbon. I caught him and of course I have a video. :laugh:

Check him out!! :biglaugh: He just cracks me up. :biglaugh:

Last edited:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I use real trees (when I put one up LOL) and my babies don't seem to have any problems, allergies wise that is. I was nervous about having a tree I thought for sure they would mess with it or break things but they got use to it being there and pretty much left it alone, at first they had to inspect it of course touching things with their nose but never tried to pull ornaments off which was great! this year will be my first Christmas without my son, he will be in the Military, so I thought I would put up a little tree for the doggies and to try and keep my spirits up, also doing the Santa Paws and Ornament exchange to bring some happiness into what will be a empty home this year

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Last year was my first Christmas with Sebastian and Oliver and since we weren't having a huge family get together, we only put up the little tree in the living room where the dogs couldn't reach it. This year, once again like every previous year, we have extended family members coming into town for Christmas the main tree is going up in the family room. Will be interesting to see how the dogs and now, especially, Bre's kitten react to it. This will be our first Christmas with Remy but I have pictures of him last Christmas at [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]' home and family.

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
We have a fake tree because I have allergies to the real ones! Last year was our first Christmas with Winston and lets just say he was quite curious! He kept trying to attack the tree so we put up a gate around it. That worked for a bit but then he figured out how to knock the gate over and well down came the tree with it LOL!! Needless to say I hope this year goes better with it as he is a bit older!! Good luck!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
We have fake, Vegas barks for about the first day because it is something out of place, then he runs past it Fred Flinstone style on the tile, like it is going to reach out and grab him, I can't put any presents under the tree until Christmas morning because like [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION], he rips them open.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] puts a barrier around her tree. :laugh:

We have a fake tree. I put that pine scent tin in it once and my ole dog Who passed pissed on the tree a few tones that year and hit a few presents too. One I just wiped off and didn't rewrap...:laugh:

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
This will be Ambers first Christmas in our house; she was just a little puppy last year. Real trees are not possible because the cats have a field day and climb them; they ever climb and steal the ornaments off the fake tree. This year with the addition of Amber it should be a "Howling Good Ole Christmas." lol; we will just have to see.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Fake tree here. Bullie was fine with it but we had to clear out the ornaments from the bottom because Bullie wouldn't bother to walk around the tree. She would just brush her big butt on the bottom limbs as she passes by. This year we're probably going to put the tree on the corner instead of right by the passageway. For a while there, I really thought Bullie would eventually knock the 7 foot tree down.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
We use a baby gate around the tree. Not the prettiest but keeps everything in tact. I think next year we will be able to just have the tree cuz Miila will be more mellow.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
when i put a tree up sarah never bothered it really. i dont have room for one now due to some furniture additions so i dont put one up. i have a small one i set on the table.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I never thought of that with Ftse as this will be the first Christmas with him, we only have a fake tree (I do not like spiders)

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
This will be Ellie's first Christmas as well, so we'll see how the tree goes. I'm thinking she'll be more interested in the presents than the tree though.

Tank1023

Oct 16, 2012
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Sausage
We have a fake tree but its not because of the dogs, it's because I'm a fire fighter and I get nervous putting a dead tree in my house and putting electric on it :p

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.