Crate size

Abigail

Oct 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma
Need advice on what size of crate to get. We pick up our new bully on the 10th - not sure what size of crate I should get her. Size and brand recommendations would be helpful. Thank-you

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We got pretty much the biggest crate they had, get one with a divider in it that is adjustable so that you can crate train properly. It will allow you to have a very small space for you bully when you first bring her home then you can walk it out. Also when we first got Bacon we draped a towel around the inside walls of the crate to make him feel more secure. Have you read the "bringing a new bully home" article? Here is the link to the article

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/content.php?r=354-Welcoming-Home-Your-New-Bulldog-Puppy

oh yea and most importantly I forgot to say

:smileywelcome:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
both of my babies have the wire crates (great ventilation) and I use the 30"L x 19"W x 21"H .... my first crates were the precision brand they are nice heavy duty crates but my last one is an icrate from Petco you can buy them online for a lot less (about 1/2 the cost of the precision)

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I got the Midwest 30" crate for Herman, but poor thing is all squished in it now, he cant stretch out his legs (he's just about 8 months) - although he loves it. So I'm going to get a 36" crate and that should be good going forward. He has a 38" travel crate and it's very HUGE and lots of room but too big for where its located in my house.

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
As large as possible (they usually come with a divider for adjustments from puppy to adult hood).

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We use wire crates and the girls have the 36" crate and Buddy has a townhouse 48". Most of them come with a divider so you can make their space smaller at first to help with potty training. Plus we get the two door model. it has a door on the end and on the side. it is more versatile then the single door models.

Last edited:

mdawson808

Jan 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmine
Buy on ebay! I paid 50 bucks for a brand new cage, with free shipping. My cage is huge, I don't remember the exact measurements but it is huge. Folds up snaps together for storage or travel. Here is a picture of me in the cage not my pup LOL ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351286650.821000.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.