Was wondering about this dog food Fromm

M

mabel lou

Has anyone ever tried Fromm salmon la veg for their bully and if so how was it? I am wanting to try this dog food so thought I would ask. Thank you

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm sure there are many here who have. Maybe [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] or [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]... Also [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] knows tons about food!

Tank1023

Oct 16, 2012
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Sausage
My boy is on the Fromm Chicken, were suppposed to change flavors after each bag. Let me know if you go with the Salmon and Mabel like it. BTW....sausage loves the Fromm Chicken

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
You won't know if it is right for your bully til you try it. Do a slow transition no mater what kibble you switch to. If you need clarification as to what that is, just ask ;)

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Are you switching from one Fromm flavor to another? I think with the Fromm 4 star line you can switch out the flavors without the long slow transition needed but if you are switching from a different brand to Fromm then definitely do the slow transition. I feel Tonka the Fromm Beef Fritatta. We had one sample bag of the salmon which I gave to Tonka as treats and he loved it but he has never been strictly on that food long term. Overall I think Fromm makes great food so you should have no issues with the food itself...just a matter of how your baby reacts! :)

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Oops, I misread. Tonka has tried the grain free Salmon Tunalini...not the Salmon a la veg. I like the grain free foods and the Salmon Tunalini was grain free. Not sure if you feed yours a grain free food but that often makes a huge difference.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
If I remember correctly salmon ala veg is the 4 star but with grain, correct? We used to feed that line and the pups all loved it. Just decided grain free is probably best with Miila and her allergies so now we use grain free fromm. I have used MANY wonderful foods and would stay with fromm forever honestly, aside from figuring out Miilas allergies. BUT I think a lot of hers are environmental so changing probably wouldnt do any good without an allergy test anyhow.

OP
M

mabel lou

Darn it I knew it lol I grabbed the wrong bag and it was suppose to be beef frittata one but opened it up and began reading this and didn't see grain free on it either but when I went online to ask if it was grain free just kept bringing up Fromm dog foods but couldn't get an actual yes or no as to whether it was grain free or not. So I do not want her to have grain but grain free. So I guess back to the store we go lol. I just started her on this yesterday and her vet told me how to do the transition of this and how it is a slow process. He also gave me a few cans of low residue in case she began to have really loose stool during transition and said she can have a small amount of it every couple of hours if she should have loose .bowels. She told me about the plain yogurt and the pumpkin as well. This site is so informative and my vet said it is good for me to continue learning from what others go through or possibly being able to give as well. Thank you all

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Darn it I knew it lol I grabbed the wrong bag and it was suppose to be beef frittata one but opened it up and began reading this and didn't see grain free on it either but when I went online to ask if it was grain free just kept bringing up Fromm dog foods but couldn't get an actual yes or no as to whether it was grain free or not. So I do not want her to have grain but grain free. So I guess back to the store we go lol. I just started her on this yesterday and her vet told me how to do the transition of this and how it is a slow process. He also gave me a few cans of low residue in case she began to have really loose stool during transition and said she can have a small amount of it every couple of hours if she should have loose .bowels. She told me about the plain yogurt and the pumpkin as well. This site is so informative and my vet said it is good for me to continue learning from what others go through or possibly being able to give as well. Thank you all

The bag should be guaranteed I believe, try returning it. I have never done this but many have so it should be fine. Glad you like it here, sure is a great wealth of information with so many who have experienced so much. :D

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We have fed it to ours, but Buddy didn't like it, but he is a very picky eater.

OP
M

mabel lou

My girls vet is so pleased and even though Mabel already had a bowl of this food I am still going to return it because the doc said pet supply always takes it back because they know not all the foods are right foods. I just want to make sure I get grain free is all. She also told me that the store even wants me to keep the food for longer than what I am simply because not all dogs react badly to a food and they will gladly exchange it is not liked or bad reaction. So yeah I am gonna take back and get the correct one this time. I wasn't going to give her any but once I did it I then began reading the bag and couldn't find the words grain free. So my vet said she should be ok since only eaten one bowl. Thank goodness

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
My girls vet is so pleased and even though Mabel already had a bowl of this food I am still going to return it because the doc said pet supply always takes it back because they know not all the foods are right foods. I just want to make sure I get grain free is all. She also told me that the store even wants me to keep the food for longer than what I am simply because not all dogs react badly to a food and they will gladly exchange it is not liked or bad reaction. So yeah I am gonna take back and get the correct one this time. I wasn't going to give her any but once I did it I then began reading the bag and couldn't find the words grain free. So my vet said she should be ok since only eaten one bowl. Thank goodness

I feed Fromm ... and they all seem to do just a little better when I give them the grain free. I'm not sure i would say they have allergies to grain, but when they are grain free it just seems that they look and smell better!!

Fromm has four grain-free flavours that you can interchange between without having to transition. Beef Frittata, Salmon Tunalini, Game Bird and Surf n Turf!!

Out of all those four ...... only the Beef Frittata is totally chicken free. So if you end up finding out that Mabel Lou has a reaction to chicken, then you will be limited to just the beef!! :up:

OP
M

mabel lou

Thank you wow that helps me out as I try to understand this food stuff as far as what is what and I am slowly learning but thanks so much for making it just a tad bit easier for me today.

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
i feed philly salmon tunalini, he had a bad reaction to beef fritata. he is allergic to beef even with marrowbones.

Most Reactions