Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Was wondering about this dog food Fromm

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Was wondering about this dog food Fromm

Quote Originally Posted by mabel lou View Post
    My girls vet is so pleased and even though Mabel already had a bowl of this food I am still going to return it because the doc said pet supply always takes it back because they know not all the foods are right foods. I just want to make sure I get grain free is all. She also told me that the store even wants me to keep the food for longer than what I am simply because not all dogs react badly to a food and they will gladly exchange it is not liked or bad reaction. So yeah I am gonna take back and get the correct one this time. I wasn't going to give her any but once I did it I then began reading the bag and couldn't find the words grain free. So my vet said she should be ok since only eaten one bowl. Thank goodness
    I feed Fromm ... and they all seem to do just a little better when I give them the grain free. I'm not sure i would say they have allergies to grain, but when they are grain free it just seems that they look and smell better!!

Fromm has four grain-free flavours that you can interchange between without having to transition. Beef Frittata, Salmon Tunalini, Game Bird and Surf n Turf!!

Out of all those four ...... only the Beef Frittata is totally chicken free. So if you end up finding out that Mabel Lou has a reaction to chicken, then you will be limited to just the beef!!

mabel lou

Thank you wow that helps me out as I try to understand this food stuff as far as what is what and I am slowly learning but thanks so much for making it just a tad bit easier for me today.

Bulldog(s) Names
    philly
    Likes (Received)

i feed philly salmon tunalini, he had a bad reaction to beef fritata. he is allergic to beef even with marrowbones.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

I just got this flavor! I'm not a huge fan thus far (4 days) because the food smells different than the other flavors, and makes my kitchen stinky! However, Char seems to love it. The kibble size is smaller than other flavors so that concerns me with the way she inhales it.

mabel lou

Well I noticed that the wrong bag is the wrong kind lol and Mabel Lou cannot have the grain kind because my girl only had the one bowl and next thing you know it she is itching her face and rubbing it on the carpet or any area she could find. This was after me knowing that I had bought the wrong one but didn't realize it would effect her so quickly with one bowl (the same reason why I took her off of her previous dog food that had grain). Her little red face was to cute lol. So my car was at the mechanics longer than what I had anticipated and for dinner I just went right back to her normal routine and she was much better along with giving her some benedryl to relieve the itch. My car is back and so today I will take the bag back minus the one bowl lol and take the time to make sure I get grain free. My girl is soooooooo sweet I just love her to death.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Spunky
    Likes (Received)

we use beef frittata Fromm....it gets expensive but so far it works well with spunky so we haven't changed!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Spunky
    Likes (Received)

Btw, we tried Fromm surf and turf and while it works for some bullies, it didn't work for spunky. You just have to find what works for them.

Bully Bootie Duty
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

I feed Buddy the surf and turf. I started out with the Beef friatta but went with the surf and turf. The grain free ones have the embossed " Grain free" up on the top of the bag where the first fold of the bag is. He loves it. he just drops it everywhere around the place . My vet wets hers down for her Frenchies. Hero

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Spunkysmom2012 View Post
    Btw, we tried Fromm surf and turf and while it works for some bullies, it didn't work for spunky. You just have to find what works for them.
    Jake didn't do well on Surf n Turf either, but finally figured out it has chicken in it which he can't have!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I just got this flavor! I'm not a huge fan thus far (4 days) because the food smells different than the other flavors, and makes my kitchen stinky! However, Char seems to love it. The kibble size is smaller than other flavors so that concerns me with the way she inhales it.
    You might consider a slow feed ball or bowl..we have been using a pacer slow feed ball for months now and it really helps slow Jake down. Scared to death of bloat and feel much better having found this.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

you know I did see one of these at the humane society, and I was interested in getting it for her. My question is...what's more important, a slow feed bowl, or a raised bowl? I can't find a combination of both

Bulldog(s) Names
    philly
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    if your talking about the salmon tunalini, your not alone even his breath stinks like sardines, and his poops also.... i need a lot of wipe to get that odor off his butt, well cant do anything about it now its the only thing he has no reaction in the fromm family.. i also tried changing his food to kangaroo or vison (california naturals) he did not like it... i used it as treats. i wish fromm will have lamb grain free or turkey.

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member wheezer's Avatar
    Real Name
    Linda
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus, Dexter
    Likes (Received)

I fed Zeus tunalina and the surf and turf and I could not stand the smell. Luckily, the beef fritata works great for both of us!!! Zeus loves all of them so that is not a problem!
    Zeus 2013

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads