Bullys are too stupid, huh?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I remember when Stiggy was in training classes, he excelled in all the levels. He picked up all the tricks really quickly and before any other dogs .... except for the rollover part :rolleyes:. Everyone was so impressed and amazed and the trainer LOVED him!

It would be funny if the guy was trying to persuade you to hire him as a trainer ... douchey and dumb ... such a bad combo.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I was rather effing mad with this last night and while sitting with Hubby I told him about it. We have had all breeds of dogs, at present we have Raven and Bubbles, a yorkie. Hubby said the guy must have been a total douche and never had the pleasure of really interacting with a bully. Raven is one of the kindest and smartest dogs we know. He said because of her demeanor he is stuck on the breed for life and even though I don't want to have to housebreak another dog he would gladly buy me another bully. He said the guy has to realize that a bully is smart as hell and only do what they want and at their own pace. Raven understands a lot, we have conversations with her. That fool doesn't know what it means to be loved or owned by a bully. So sad for him, he doesn't know what he is missing.

relayer13

Sep 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tater
You could have said "I never had to train him to sit, I had to train him to stand" What a loser

BarkingStella

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Peggy ,Stella ,Gabby
Stella knows EXACTLY where every toy she owns is, and if it is in the proper place!! I, on the other hand, look for my glasses when they are on top of my head!!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Afterward you should have asked the GF to sit and when she looked at you funny you could respond to IMO boy, "well look who is a better trainer here" (that is not intended to be sexist, just to have a rude comeback to the kid) although I think if I was with Jen [MENTION=4676]thesspa[/MENTION] would have tore him a new one.

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
True fact: you have to be 10% smarter than the machine you're trying to operate. IMHO, that ding dong wasn't INTELLIGENT ENOUGH to be that close to your Remi. Glad the gf was nice, hopefully she brings her dogs by herself next time!

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
True fact: you have to be 10% smarter than the machine you're trying to operate. IMHO, that ding dong wasn't INTELLIGENT ENOUGH to be that close to your Remi. Glad the gf was nice, hopefully she brings her dogs by herself next time!

Or the PATIENCE, honestly.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Check out this article... http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-least-intelligent-dogs.php it talks about how dumb these dogs are, but most of the descriptions actually admit it is because they are independent/free-willed/or just down right stubborn.

Being stubborn may mean they are harder to train than some other breeds, but not that they aren't intelligent. It's very misleading.
That would be Wilson. He's on the extreme side of Stubborn and not much phases him.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Tried to keep my mouth shut or should I say keep my fingers from typing LOL but OH MY GOSH I would have had a field day with that so called "trainer" my hat is off to you for being able to hold it together and not roll that dude in a mud puddle! I had such a great experience with my trainer because she owned pit bulls, boston terriers and a pug and "bullies" where her passion but with that also knew that bulldogs look at training differently then most dogs, she said they are smarter then most because they weigh the need of the command with what they are doing at the moment oh and the reward for doing what you ask LOL all of the bulldogs I've owned and have been around have been super smart ... that guy was probably just not up to the level of trainer it takes to train a breed that has a will of its own!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online