Bullys are too stupid, huh?

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Growing up we always had dogs. All kinds of dogs. Many mixed breads and some pure breeds. I love all dogs but Tank is my first bulldog. He is 10 months old and surprises me daily with his intelligence. He is probably the smartest dogs that i have ever had. I think some people interpret their stubbornness as stupidity. My thinking is that bulldogs are so smart that they refuse to obey stupid people, so that's why he has never has any success training them. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
You did well. Sorry but I would have cussed him out. Sounds like an ignorant S.O.B. I have no idea why he would be a trainer with that attitude. A dog is as stupid as the person trying to train them. My Raven is smart as a whip, she may choose to ignore me at times but she is smart as hell.

AstronautMoose

Oct 24, 2012
Fort Stewart, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock
That's so rude.

&& I can not stand rude people.
Would have been hard for me not to say anything to that .. Jerk.

Now Brock doesn't roll over, jump through hoops, or bring me the paper.
But he is still very smart and well behaved.

Gr. That man
tumblr_m3gxy2RL1D1r319hk.gif

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I have had several different types of dog growing up and My Lola is the best dog I have ever had! Lola is so easy and listens well, I think people think they are stupid because they are pretty easy going and just kinda go with the flow but that is why I love EB's! I wont ever get any other breed now!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)

this made me hit up my pal Google and sadly, EB's are considered stupid by most. I've not found a single site that lists them anywhere but the bottom. I even found this...

(copy and pasted)

I'm thinking the people who write these things have never spent 15 minutes alone with a bulldog. 8 hours to know I'm gone? Abby comes looking for me if I'm gone 8 SECONDS. Pottery still on the shelf? Obviously this Coren guy has never met Otis
:laugh:

Wow. You r funny, I wanted to google but was heading out. People r idiots. Lol

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Well done Remi for showing that idiot that your not stupid unlike him.

I woud not get any other breed either.

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Oh honey, I'd have gotten all Southern on him. You should have told him that EB breed is just so smart that you have to EARN their love & admiration before they want to make you smile! And that IN MY EXPERIENCE my dog is a better judge of character and if that many babies think so poorly of him, then you'd probably not trust him with your pet rock!

Then in your sweetest manner, gather your things, your super intelligent baby, stand up and tell him in the most drawn out sickening sweet voice, "Bless your heart,". And leave. Gets em every time

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
418117_238145812980358_769928029_n.jpgThe caption here goes like this...."They will give you a lot of treats, so act stupid as long as you can". There should be bulldogs drawn in to this....They are so smart and ingenious that I'm still amazed daily with Usko.

I would've asked that so called trainer that in which raffle he won his title?

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Check out this article... http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-least-intelligent-dogs.php it talks about how dumb these dogs are, but most of the descriptions actually admit it is because they are independent/free-willed/or just down right stubborn.

Being stubborn may mean they are harder to train than some other breeds, but not that they aren't intelligent. It's very misleading.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
What a load of .... they're confusing intelligence with obedience. Usko learns very quickly what I teach him, but once he has learned it he sometimes takes his time to do it. In my opinion a dog just waiting with his tongue hanging out for your next command is the stupid one.

tanito00

Aug 20, 2012
Northern Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Maybe he was just jelous cuase he's such a crappy trainer that he doesnt make enough to afford and bullie? yeah i think is that lol

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
Jenna's trainer told me bulldogs are smart...just stubborn and at times have to decide if they want to do something...he also said he wasn't crazy about bulldogs until he trained his first one...he was crazy about jenna...she was 3 when we started training her...she came from a puppy mill was kept in a crate so she had no manners....after 6 lessons she heels, sits when i stop, sits and down on command and stays...the trainer said she was smart he said most dogs he trained didn't learn two commands in one lesson...he also said he can pretty much train any dog it's the owners that can't be trained...can't fix stupid

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online