Dear Abby

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
It was one year ago today that you were born into the world. And although your little body was born broken and you were tossed aside by those who promised to love you, your spirit soared in spite of it all.

I am grateful to those insensitive people who decided that you weren't worth saving. I am grateful to them because had they not been so selfish, cruel and unfeeling, you wouldn't be here today bringing your own special brand of sunshine into my heart.

I thank God for every day we get to spend with you. I thank Him for instilling in you a spirit that doesn't know how to quit. I also thank Him for sending us angels to watch over you, to pray for you and to inspire and comfort me on the days when your sun isn't shining quite so brightly.

They tell me that your little life should have been over months ago and that it won’t be long now. I am so thankful that you won’t let me listen to them. We have gone from weekly Friday birthdays, to monthly birthdays and finally to today, your first official birthday.

In the ugly world of renal dysplasia that we are forced to live in we have to take one day at a time. I am thrilled to be spending THIS day with you. It’s a day that they told me wasn't going to happen. It’s a day that sometimes even I didn't think would happen. But it HAS happened and it’s here and you’re here and we have carrot cake!

You encourage me every day to find new ways to treat you and new possibilities to save you because you have saved me. You encourage me to do more, to think more and to BE more.

You are the sweetest, most loving sweetie head God ever created. When I blow out that candle for you today sweet girl, know that there are a lot of people out in the world who love you almost as much as I do. These are the people who love you in spite of the fact that they will never feel your sweet breath on their neck as I am blessed to be able to do every day. And when I am cleaning the cream cheese frosting from your face (and I know that I will have to!), know that your struggle has touched and inspired so many. Also know that there are many, many people out there who are praying for another day just like today next year.

Happy Birthday Head! :muah2:

IMAG0504.jpgIMAG0505.jpgIMAG0506.jpg IMAG0507.jpg

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Sweet Angel, And may God Bless you, hope you get everything you want enjoy that cake!!!!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
:muah2::birthday::musicband::dancing::partytime::jumping::happydance::havemyheart::flag21: I hope you stay a miracle and keep beating the odds, dearest Abby!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh boy, crying happy tears here!!! Happy birthday to the most special and loved baby!!! Amazing little thing isn't she?! Hugs!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I love you sweet Abby!!! You and your wonderful mom have inspired us all!! Happy Birthday!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
happy birthday dear sweet Abby!! I hope you enjoy your carrot cake with your mom who is an angel in her own right!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Happy Birthday Abby! Sending hugs and kisses to you sweetie pie!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh bev as always what a wonderful tribute to our sweety head and may god continue to bless you and abby in the days and years ahead. :birthday3: have a wonderful day

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
I've been singing to her so much already today that she runs from me now :lmaogirl:

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Happy birthday Abby!!
That was one of the sweetest, most inspiring letters I have ever read!
Keep proving them wrong little angel!!

That letter was also for all of you here at EBN. We wouldn't be here today if not from the support I've gotten here :hug:

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Happy Birthday Sweet Little Abby. May god bless you with many more days to :sunny: and bring happiness to all those around you. :cake:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Happy birthday angel girl! Hope you enjoy your carrot cake and I hope you make a huge mess. Bless both your hearts. So happy to be celebrating this day with you.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.